Okay, so basically I have a 6505 (regular) head and a stock 6505 cab. I am unhappy with the sound im getting out of it. When you kneel down to the speakers it sounds kinda muddy and the notes just dont sound clean, when you palm mute its just sounds really all over the place.

Well, I let a friend borrow it and I borrowed his 5150 and I had the same problem, however. With his setup my head sounded amazing. He only has a behringer 4x12 that can't be that much better than my stock 6505 cab. But he DID have a Schecter with Duncan pickups. Im trying to determine what made it sound SO much better. Im thinking its my cab OR my stock pickups on my Gibson SG Faded. Do pickups really make THAT much of a difference? The tubes in my head are brand new so thats definitely not the problem. Any ideas?
Probably both aren't helping. But the speakers in the 6505 cab are well known for being very poor. They don't suit the amp at all. I think replacing either would help, but the speakers would be more noticable and worth the money more at this stage.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
How much would it be to replace the speakers? Or would it just be better to buy a whole new cab? The cab he was using is only like 200 bucks brand new on musicians friend though... thats the part im lost at.
id say get a new cab

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

peavey is known for crappy stock speakers, i would sell the peavey cab, and buy a marshall, mesa, or orange cab. also check out avatar cabs.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker