pretty fake drums but dont sweat that I have use a drum machine too, umm it was pretty solid but the lead at the end could've used some love and feeling and shoulda really faded out instead abruptly ending, Nonetheless I think its pretty good
Yea i know i'm only a rhythm guitarist tbh i try my best at lead though and yea i should of faded out looking at it now maybe i'll edit it..thanks a lot
Thanks for critting mine! I thought this was really cool. As has been said the drums are a little fake, but I used to use hydrogen/make a lot of electric guitar recordings. I love the harmonies in that one part of the first song on your profile. I think this stuff would sound great with some vocals and maybe some fast shred guitar solos. I think it sounds a lot like what the new Metallica album should sound like... Haha. Great job though man! Keep it up. One thing that might be good to practice is making your bends more full, building speed, and adding more rhythmic elements to your solos. Start a band! Haha great job though!
Thanks a lot man the drums are from Acoustica beatcraft not sure if its the best drum machine software but its very easy for me to make some patterns and about the bending my guitar strings are gauge 10 and are quite thick and hard to bend full without killing my fingertips lol but yea I'll work on it!!! and i've never been in a band lol not sure how to get into all that
I take it you found me in that 'shred' video thread?

Thanks for saying that I seem like I know what I'm talking about haha, I try my best , right, about the song...

It reminded me a LOT of Metallica, especially RTL album, for some odd reason, the riffs were solid, you're a great rhythm player. The drums, as has been commented, weren't the best, but they were alright imo, the only part they seemed off was when you had the clean arpeggios (which were very nice btw), but the drums were too 'double bassey' for that part of the song. Other than that, the drums worked well.

Then the lead at the end, the first part of the lead, the sort of harmony if you like, was very good, then the part after 1:40 I wasn't so keen on, your lead work could use some cleaning up, some of the stuff you were doing was good, it's just you don't seem awfully comfortable around the fretboard, but no worries at all, that'll come soon enough. All in all, solid piece with great potential.

Afterthought: Oh, and were you planning on adding vocals at all?
Rather metallica-ish. Some of it sounds a bit like "fade to black." Pretty good though. It was very obvious that the drums were fake, but I think they would be less fake sounding if the drumming was a bit more active. By that I mean, having variations that are more complimenting of the guitars, as opposed to switching between the same beats without anything to differentiate.
Quote by \m/Gaz
I take it you found me in that 'shred' video thread?

Thanks for saying that I seem like I know what I'm talking about haha, I try my best , right, about the song...

It reminded me a LOT of Metallica, especially RTL album, for some odd reason, the riffs were solid, you're a great rhythm player. The drums, as has been commented, weren't the best, but they were alright imo, the only part they seemed off was when you had the clean arpeggios (which were very nice btw), but the drums were too 'double bassey' for that part of the song. Other than that, the drums worked well.

Then the lead at the end, the first part of the lead, the sort of harmony if you like, was very good, then the part after 1:40 I wasn't so keen on, your lead work could use some cleaning up, some of the stuff you were doing was good, it's just you don't seem awfully comfortable around the fretboard, but no worries at all, that'll come soon enough. All in all, solid piece with great potential.

Afterthought: Oh, and were you planning on adding vocals at all?

Indeed i found you on that thread :P i'm glad you both noticed the Metallica influence it was a bit Fade to blackish with the powerchords but that song is just so brilliant so why not be influenced by it? :P and yea i'm not a lead guitarist by a long shot but i'm trying to be, i've never had a guitar lesson in my life and know hardly any scales but as you said all in good time cheers man, oh and on the vocals i'm not really sure i cant sing for **** lol and i dont really know anyone who can sing
Last edited by Fender Usa at Aug 27, 2008,
Quote by Titansfan920
It reminded me of Metallica as well but thats not a bad thing. I thought you did really well, I liked the drums as 1:12, that really caught me. Guitar is solid throughout. Good work man. Check out my song, "The Downfall" and see what you think.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Titansfan920/

heh thanks man

That sounds pretty good man very different aswell, it seems a bit out of time in places though?? but i enjoyed it the little riff is very catchy
returning the crit. Those damn drums need to quiet down! lol, they're cool, just a lil loud. I like your tone, not bad. Sounds pretty badass, and I love when you got 2 guitars goin'. Not bad for not being a lead guitarist. I really like it man
Very good overall. Not a big fan of your cymbal writing but the rest of the drums sounded well put together with the riffs. Riffs got better as the song went on. From about 1.10 on it really got better and from the guitar harmony part to the end was very high quality. Really liked the section with the bends too reminded me of old smashing pumpkins or something just for a few seconds. A few places in the solo where I felt you were using to many held notes when you could have been driving it forward with a catchy melody. Just add some frills there I guess