I have an Epiphone Special SG which i know is bottom of the line but it was good to start out on. I would like to replace the pick ups with maybe Burstbucker Pro's but part of me just wants to save up for a new guitar. Should I replace the pick ups and get a new guitar later? or just save my money for a new guitar sooner?
Save up for a new guitar. The tone isn't all in the pickups, and a better guitar will feel better to play.
from my experience with that epiphone, i would say save for a new guitar... those pickups are worth more than the guitar.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
if it's not made of plywood and has a solid neck i'd say upgrade it. if it's a total piece of sh*t, get a new guitar.

either way, buy pickups from me if you're located in the USA
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
save up for a new guitar. you'll be happier with that.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
if it's not made of plywood and has a solid neck i'd say upgrade it. if it's a total piece of sh*t, get a new guitar.

either way, buy pickups from me if you're located in the USA

lol, I'd buy some. but I'm poor and don't have a paypal account.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Do you like the feel of the guitar? Is it easy to play? If it is, and you only dislike the sound you might want to consider ordering some GFS Pickups. They have a wide selection of nice pickups that are very inexpensive. If the guitar is getting in the way of your playing or you just want something new, save up and get a good guitar that you like.
+1 on the GFS
here's the site guitarfetish.com
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I sell mine, custom wound to your specs, for $65 each with wax potting, $80 for pups with covers... aside from the cheap chinese garbage you get from GFS, i'm one of the lowest in the market
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology