Okay...so in a few months I want to create my own custom guitar.

Body - 1960's Mustang body

Pickups - DiMarzio PAF (neck) (bridge) DiMarzio Super Distortion

Bridge - the bridge that is used on Strats / the one used on Jagmasters

Neck / Fretboard - The neck that is on the Jag-Stang

Switches - les paul / Jagmaster or a Stewart MacDonald Gotoh Tune-O-Matic

Tuners - Gotoh

Color - Green Burst

Pickguard color - black

Does anyone know how much this would cost me, and if fender / gibson sells any of this separately?
Depends where you get it built. If you have fender do it, the price will be enormous. If you get the parts from Warmoth with all the routing done, it will be expensive but nearly as much.
For about a thousand dollars you could make it yourself with (expensive) Warmoth parts. Custom built by a luthier could cost you up to 1500 to 2000 bucks.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Swap-Meet
Okay...so in a few months I want to create my own custom guitar.

Body - 1960's Mustang body

Pickups - DiMarzio PAF (neck) (bridge) DiMarzio Super Distortion

Bridge - the bridge that is used on Strats / the one used on Jagmasters

Neck / Fretboard - The neck that is on the Jag-Stang

Switches - les paul / Jagmaster or a Stewart MacDonald Gotoh Tune-O-Matic

Tuners - Gotoh

Color - Green Burst

Pickguard color - black

Does anyone know how much this would cost me, and if fender / gibson sells any of this separately?

A GIBSON MUSTANG!

Why do you want a mustang body anyway?
They are the one fender body i don't like.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
A GIBSON MUSTANG!

Why do you want a mustang body anyway?
They are the one fender body i don't like.

well, if i was gonna get a custom guitar it'd probably have a mustang body, too. my favourite fender body. basically that just proves that its all down to preference and he probably likes the mustang body too, which is why he wants a mustang body
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Warmoth.com is your friend...also check out Musikraft.com
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
For a custom build by a luthier anything from $1500 upwards.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Blompcube
well, if i was gonna get a custom guitar it'd probably have a mustang body, too. my favourite fender body. basically that just proves that its all down to preference and he probably likes the mustang body too, which is why he wants a mustang body

Aren't most mustang bodies smaller?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
I'm gonna say warmoth is your best friend here.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by necroscience13
about 900$ in parts plus labor. it would cost a good 1400$ to ball park it. possibly more
that is to say if you get a luthier to do it. plus theres prolly gonna be a lot of extra little expenses. it will cost you

Sweet...hopefully there's no duty

Hopefully I'll be working 25-30 hours a week...and since I live at home i'll only have to save up for a little bit....I'm gonna be in love

Quote by Blompcube

Yeah...it's kind of a silly question....