Recently you might have read a thread posted by a supposed "Dad" of one of our fellow UG members. He happened to be a chef, and someone requested a Cooking Thread. Well here it is.

This is the place to post all your favourite recipes, maybe some easy cooking techniques or tricks. I know this won't apply to many of you, but one night your bitch might be out for the night and you will find yourself in need of cooking something!

This thread will save you.

My contribution: When cooking frozen foods, defrost in the microwave, then crisp it up in the oven. Much better.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
spread butter on two slices of bread(both sides)

sprinkle garlic powder on one side of each slice(inside part of sandwich)

then put a couple slices of mozzarella and desired choice of meat(or none if you're a vegetarian >.>

throw it on the stove, fire on medium and flip it every now and then

om nom nom garlic bread sandwhich

gets me through lunch time.
Awesome milkshake:

Chocolate Ice Cream
Pepsi/Coke
Raspberries/strawberries

Yea. It's awesome. Figure out the ratios
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by dfc_jebus
spread butter on two slices of bread(both sides)

sprinkle garlic powder on one side of each slice(inside part of sandwich)

then put a couple slices of mozzarella and desired choice of meat(or none if you're a vegetarian >.>

throw it on the stove, fire on medium and flip it every now and then

om nom nom garlic bread sandwhich

gets me through lunch time.

i just made one, and frankly, that is amazing.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Get some crusty bread, and spread some tomato paste/puree and cooking oil over it. Add some chopped mozzarella and tomato to it then put under the grill till the breads crispy.

Lovely
Quote by moody git
i just made one, and frankly, that is amazing.

glad you like it.

sometimes i like to used that long bread for subs and do the same but i put chicken nuggets in the middle

heaven
These recipes are great.

Really Simple Grilled Cheese Version 2:

Toast 2 slices of bread.
Spread with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
Cover with grated cheese.
Grill until brown.

Note: Version 1 involved feces and soy sauce. Didn't work.

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I discovered a new recipe the other day
All you really need is sliced bread.

First, take sliced bread (two if you're feeling rebellious), take a machine (a toaster is the most convenient for this), put the bread on (or in, if you're using a toaster) the machine and turn the machine on (or push down the lever if you're using a toaster). If the machine is suitable for the job, in a few minutes time, you will have crispy bread that is slightly soft on the inside. But be careful: if you keep the machine going for too long, you could burn the bread and that doesn't taste very good. Also, if you're using a larger machine (such as a desktop computer), it might take a few hours before it warms up enough.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
is it just me or does almost everything taste better when dipped in some kind of pasta sauce, it doesn't even have to be warm it's just plain and simply delicious.
Quote by Karvid
I discovered a new recipe the other day
All you really need is sliced bread.

First, take sliced bread (two if you're feeling rebellious), take a machine (a toaster is the most convenient for this), put the bread on (or in, if you're using a toaster) the machine and turn the machine on (or push down the lever if you're using a toaster). If the machine is suitable for the job, in a few minutes time, you will have crispy bread that is slightly soft on the inside. But be careful: if you keep the machine going for too long, you could burn the bread and that doesn't taste very good. Also, if you're using a larger machine (such as a desktop computer), it might take a few hours before it warms up enough.

Sir you are a genius, what will you call this new invention?
sirloin (new york strip to you americans) steak, cover with finely chopped garlic, crushed black peppercorns. leave to stand for an hour or so in the fridge then flash fry in a little really hot olive oil for 2 minutes each side or longer if you don't like it medium rare and want to ruin it.

serve with what you like - a little green salad and chips (fries) and maybe a fried mushroom. a fried egg on top is good but optional.

whatever you do NO KETCHUP OR STEAK SAUCE. some dijon mustard on the side and a nice bottle of red wine, spanish rioja is good.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dfc_jebus
is it just me or does almost everything taste better when dipped in some kind of pasta sauce, it doesn't even have to be warm it's just plain and simply delicious.

Pasta sauces are amazing!!!
I usually cook prawns in pasta sauce, they taste great!!

And of course i make pasta quite frequently too using many different types of pasta sauces.
Quote by *powerslave*
Sir you are a genius, what will you call this new invention?

I sigged you because you addressed me with an

Also, how does "Warmcrispybread" sound? Or, maybe, "Toasty bread." But if you're one of those shenanigan-filled scalawags of this generation, you might feel the compulsion to call it "toast"
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
haha i agree... pasta sauce is the effing shiz.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Breakfast sandwhich: Place 2 waffles in the toaster. Cook up some sausages, place sausages in between waffles, use either ketchup or maple syrup as a condiment. ****ing amazing, especially after a wake and bake.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by Karvid
I sigged you because you addressed me with an

Also, how does "Warmcrispybread" sound? Or, maybe, "Toasty bread." But if you're one of those shenanigan-filled scalawags of this generation, you might feel the compulsion to call it "toast"

I think Warmcrispybread is the best, may you go on to earn millions with your radical invention
Quote by gonzaw
I know how to make rice pudding...
Absolutely delicious with some cinammon and lemon juice on top of it..

oo I had some rice pudding, mind you mine was with jam stirred in

I may just have to try it with cinammon and lemon juice though
I'm starting to fall in love with this stuff too.

goes great when mixed into tomato soup

and then putting cheese into the mix

*gasm*
Microwave chocolate cake

3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
about 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (optional, or even add something else)

Mix dry ingredients together, then add wet ingredients. Pour into a 1 quart microwave-safe container and microwave for 2 minutes.

Not as good as oven made cake, but still good when you have a cake craving.
This signature is a time machine. Please follow the llamas.

FREE THE PEAR!!
The world's fastest Szechuan stir fry (cheat's method)

Ingredients:
Oil
1 dried chilli
1 red pepper
10 cherry tomatoes
Soy sauce
Sweet Chilli sauce
1 packet either ready-cooked chicken or shelled kind prawns (whatever you want)
Noodles

Prepare vegetables. Cut the peppers into half strips, and halve the tomatoes

Cook noodles (3 minutes or packet instructions), drain and leave to stand.

Heat up a wok. Add oil to hot wok along with the dried chilli.

When oil is smoking, add vegetables and soy sauce and stir fry until tomatoes start to disintegrate.

Add meat and some sweet chilli sauce, cook until the tomatoes seem to have disappeared.

Add noodles and extra soy/chilli sauce to taste and heat through

Serve
Ceci n'est pas une signature
Quote by IExterminateDal
Microwave chocolate cake

3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
about 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (optional, or even add something else)

Mix dry ingredients together, then add wet ingredients. Pour into a 1 quart microwave-safe container and microwave for 2 minutes.

Not as good as oven made cake, but still good when you have a cake craving.

This sounds too good to be true but if it is, you have just won yourself an e-bj.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Quote by dr_john
sirloin (new york strip to you americans) steak, cover with finely chopped garlic, crushed black peppercorns. leave to stand for an hour or so in the fridge then flash fry in a little really hot olive oil for 2 minutes each side or longer if you don't like it medium rare and want to ruin it.

serve with what you like - a little green salad and chips (fries) and maybe a fried mushroom. a fried egg on top is good but optional.

whatever you do NO KETCHUP OR STEAK SAUCE. some dijon mustard on the side and a nice bottle of red wine, spanish rioja is good.
I wouldn't marinate a steak in fresh garlic. Especially sirloin. If you're going sirloin you're sacrificing tenderness for beefy flavour, garlic is going to ruin that.

Instead what I would do is season the steak with course sea salt and fresh ground tellicherry pepper on each side 5 minutes before cooking. In the meantime preheat a sautee pan on medium heat and let it get really hot. Prepare a crushed garlic clove or two (crush it under a knife and take off the skin but DON'T chop it). Heat up some olive oil in the pan. Put the steak in the pan and put the garlic right next to it in the olive oil. While that's cooking go grab about 4Tbsp of butter and some fresh tarragon. When you turn the steak (after 2 - 4 minutes depending on how you like it done) put the tarragon in the pan with the butter. Let the butter melt and use it to baste the top (cooked side) of the steak to keep it nice and moist and to bring out the flavour. When the steak is cooked put it on a plate, spoon over some of the butter/olive oil and let it rest for 5 - 10 minutes before eating it.

A saffron risotto or home fries would go awesome with this. You can also use the same cooking technique for ribeye, filet minion, porterhouse etc.
Get some pesto, Its garlic, orgenao and oil (not sure on the ratio) And put it on some buns and
Enjoy, it's amazing

Or adding cumin when making tuna (CUMIN not cum:p

Also adding chopped celery and garlic to mashed potatoes

And a quick and fast breakfast when your in a rush, fry an egg, put on english muffin (or bread) add mayo to the english muffin (or bread) and put a a slice of cheese and add bacon if you want

It takes 5 minutes to make and is delicious

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!