Hello guys.
I am planning a really long trip, and wanted to bring an acoustic along. I don't have an acoustic (normally just play my electric, or use someone elses) but I really like the acoustic feel and sound. But this trip requires packing light, so does anyone know a lightweight guitar that can withstand varying humidity and temperature, as well as exposure to the elements? Also, I would sort of like it to be pretty loud. The price range is, well, not yet decided, but I want to have this guitar for a while (think, years) so I don't really wanna skimp on it, so let your imaginations go wild.

Also, a note of interest, when I wanted light and durable I thought "Ovation guitars!." But after reading about them, I read alot about how they have a wierd "tinny" sound. If it's that tinny, is it loud at all? I mean I care about the tone alot, but right now the main part is making sure I have a guitar that will last me the trip (yes, I know...tone coming secondary? Blasphemy!) Anyway, I figure I can modify the tinniness with heavy strings...but what do you guys think of them? Is it loud enough?

Thank you very much guys,
ReChord

EDIT: btw, I would also like it to be fully acoustic, not acoustic/electric...does ovation even make a purely acoustic guitar?
Personally I'd go for the Mini Taylor. It's the only travel size guitar with a comparable tone to full size ones
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I will look at the mini-taylor. As for the backpacker guitar, that can't be loud and can't have a very good tone (I know I said tone was secondary, but I would like it to be passable you know?)

Also, does anyone have an average weight for an acoustic guitar? (Full size.)
my brother-in-law has the backpack guitar and it sounds good and is louder then you would think but in all honesty i cant tell you that for sure because i havent heard it in a few years cuz my nephew who is 3 likes to use it and the strings are very out of tune and i think 2 of them are broken but what i remember form 3 years ago it sounded great,lol
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Alvarez 6 string acoustic
Alvarez 12 string acoustic/electric
B.C. Rich Warlock
SQUIER
Ibanez 4 string bass

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace
-Jimi Hendrix R.I.P
all i can say is a guitar that can take varying humidities, weather and temperatures without adjusting slightly without a humidifier/dehumidifer to it is impossible to find.

but for compact travel guitars, baby taylor seems good but you can get better guitars for the price, just not as small.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143