hey, dont no if this is the right place to put this, but i was wondering what scales i can use to improvise solos for a7x songs. specifically the solo in afterlife. if you could write it out in tab or link to a tab of the scale, that would be great. thx a bunch
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who would be laughing your head off.
I would doubt that you can use the same "scale" over every song, because they will be playing in different keys from song to song, and they require different "scales". I'm assuming you aren't 100% familiar with either of these concepts (scale/key) - so what I'd reccomend is that you go to MT, read the FAQ (and check out the theory lesson in my sig as well), take a few days to digest and experiment, and then see if you can get a bit further figgerin it out yourself.

Teach a man to fish, and all that.
how about you just learn the solos?
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

Afterlife is in D minor so you can just play a D minor scale if you want...it wont sound exactly like Sin cause he uses a lot of passing tones and chromatics....but it will fit.
Quote by Weaver_2008
Afterlife is in D minor so you can just play a D minor scale if you want...it wont sound exactly like Sin cause he uses a lot of passing tones and chromatics....but it will fit.

+1 to this, Synyster uses a lot of outside notes so the best thing you can really do is look at his solos and try to understand where he's coming from in theory terms so you can incorporate the ideas into your own style.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Syn likes using aoelian and pentatonic scales.
but they're always in dif keys with accidentals and stuff.
Yeah. Ax7 solos all sound the same.

Great guitar player.
But the subtle nuances don't cut it for me.
Gears;
Schecter Tempest Custom - Pearl
EMG 81/85
Digitech RP350
UX2 / Audition / Ableton
Syn uses chromaticism quite a bit too. What you really need to do is learn a bit of theory and all these questions will be answered for you.