looking at a Laney TT50H 50 watt head, as it has all the features it want (MIDI, 3 Channels, 2 master volumes), but does it have enough gain for a more modern metal tone (nevermore/all shall perish), or is it more like a JCM 800/900 sound (slayer/cynic/80's thrash).

Gonna probably use a TC Electronic G-Sharp, Boss NS-2, Ibanez TS909(if needed) to saturate the tone, and a marshall 2x12 cab.

Using with a washburn x50 pro with seymour duncans and an ibanez 7 string.

cheers guys,

mavis
whit the ts probably
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
^+1

I, even with a Strat could get an immesive distortion tone. it will have A LOT of gain!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
from what i can remember, they have plenty of gain, but perhaps more of an 80s voicing? could be wrong, though, it'd definitely be worth a try if you can find one...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They have insane amounts of gain, definitely enough for what you'd need. The GH, TT and VH models all have the same gain circuits don't they? Channel 3 has modern gain and Channel 2 has the more vintage classic rock gain
Quote by dsubstanceuk
Edit: No, it has a modern distortion switch or something doesn't it? The amp is extremely versatile.

Yeah it does. I got a nu-metal tone with it. WITH A STRAT!

So yeah it has gain!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by dsubstanceuk
Edit: No, it has a modern distortion switch or something doesn't it? The amp is extremely versatile.

you put an edit in a new post?

SUPERFAIL

Quote by GAYbel
Yeah it does. I got a nu-metal tone with it. WITH A STRAT!

So yeah it has gain!

tis true

the TT pwns at everything
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Recommended threads
Laney TT50H
mavis3293
Last post:
by H4T3BR33D3R
Laney TT50H?
jimmy_fowler
Last post:
by Dave_Mc