I'm kind of a noob when it comes to effects pedals, but my Vox V847 Wah came today and I can't seem to get it working. It turns on, but it doesn't "wah". I also have a Big Muff, but I don't have an extra lead to connect both pedals yet, so I haven't been able to try using it through that. Am I doing something wrong? Is the battery dead (I bought it brand new)? Is it broken?

By amp is a Fender Champion 600 btw.

Thanks.
you have to step hard on the switch in the toe position to turn it on.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
I know.

I'm going to open it up and see if there's even a battery in there lol.
well that would be a smart decision. you shouldve done that BEFORE you came here.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by ttreat31
I know, but I figured they always shipped with a battery. :p

Lol since when do any electrical goods come with batteries that arent rechargable? :P I bet your world is lush with velvet :P
Quote by ttreat31
I know.

I'm going to open it up and see if there's even a battery in there lol.

How does it turn on if you're not sure if it has a battery in it?

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
...are you aware that you have to rock the pedal back and forth to make it wah? That's how wah's work (except for autowahs, but they're more rare).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Of course I know how a wah works. I checked and there actually wasn't a battery.

I guess what confused me was sound still came out of my amp when I turned it on (just not wah).
^The V847 isn't true bypass, though, unless you have a modified one.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Well if it came without a batterey it might be true bypass modded, the schematics are everywhere!