Okay, so I recently broke my BOSS DS-1 Distortion pedal...it wasn't working at a gig...and the gig was sucking, so I through it at a wall, and now it's REALLY ****ing broken.

I wanna get some pedals, but don't know much about pedals outside of BOSS

I am in a punk / grunge band so looking for pedals that'd work well with the style

Distortion Pedal
Fuzz Pedal
Overdrive Pedal
Chorus Pedal

I'm currently playing a Fender Jagmaster....hopefully soon to be a Mustang.

and I'm hopefully going to be getting some random ass 100 wat fender amp (this month)

I'm not looking to spend too much on these pedals, I liked the DS-1 alot so I may buy a new one, but I heard the BOSS Super distortion pedal was really good too.

For a fuzz pedal i was thinking about the Electro Harmonix Big Muff Fuzz Pedal....any other suggestions?

FOr the chorus pedal I eventually want to get a Electro Harmonix Poly Chorus....but they're 250$...so a little too pricey atm....I heard the Electro Harmonix Small Chlone Chorus is a good one too.....

no ****ing clue what I want for an overdrive pedal...preferably something mudhoney-ish
I love the little big muff (really the same as the big, just half the size), some of the best sounding fuzz for solos with ridiculous sustain
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Which amp are you getting specifically?

If it's a decent amp you could cut the distortion and overdrive from your list.
Quote by guitar/bass76

But you'd be better off getting one for Fenders, they aren't really designed for punk and stuff, mainly blues and clean music.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
A Small Clone would be really good, and is super-simple. As for a fuzz, try and get your hands on a BYOC fuzz. Or a Fuzz Face. A good OD pedal is a TS-808, ts-9, or something similar. Or, maybe get a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde, which is both a distortion and OD.
Quote by guitar/bass76

Doubt it's a good one...350$ for 100 wats lol

I want the pedals cause I do switching on/off of the distortion in songs...the other pedals i will find uses for them
Quote by qotsa1998
A Small Clone would be really good, and is super-simple. As for a fuzz, try and get your hands on a BYOC fuzz. Or a Fuzz Face. A good OD pedal is a TS-808, ts-9, or something similar. Or, maybe get a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde, which is both a distortion and OD.

I know you can get OD / Distortion pedals as one, but I want them seperate
You're getting a 100watt amp thats $350 then its gonna mostly like a Fender Frontman. Why do you feel the need to have 100watts? Are you playing at places that aren't PA'ed? But then you are playing punk music so its not like you need good tone.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Get the DS-1. I play similar stuff to you, and I can say that they are awesome. I would have got one but I couldn't afford it so I went with a Digitech Grunge, which is pretty good also if you're short of cash.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Swap-Meet
IF it's one of those typical high-er pitched distortion pedals I am not interested in it...plus I beleive they go for 100$+

40$ DS-1 > 100$ metal pedal..

well it has tone for almost all kind of music and believe punk is the easiest music and tone is not really that important on punk
Quote by dante_3_16

well it has tone for almost all kind of music and believe punk is the easiest music and tone is not really that important on punk

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
the small clone is good chorus dont get the polychorus chorus is chorus u dont need a $250 chorus
Quote by darth awsome
GT-8

you will never need another pedal again.

....wrong. the point of single effects pedals is that you can put them in different places in your amp's setup (i.e. in the effects loop or in front). a gt-8 might be good now, but to say that you'd never need another one is foolish. there are better ways to get tone.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by dbl93100
the small clone is good chorus dont get the polychorus chorus is chorus u dont need a $250 chorus

I like the effect it has with two amps...and yeah I know it's overpriced

Quote by captain Trips
anyone into the multi-effect pedals? my friend has a boss one its pretty good stuff

Naw, I prefer single pedals

Quote by dante_3_16

What does the difficulty have to do with anything?
You know nothing of how my music is written, so keep your stupid comments to yourself....
Quote by Swap-Meet

What does the difficulty have to do with anything?
You know nothing of how my music is written, so keep your stupid comments to yourself....

first! Dont call me stupid iI was trying to help you find the right pedal but know i dont care go get some education first

second!You dont know anything about me so you can´t just say I dont know anything of how my music is written

Third! What I meant is that you dont really need to much effects and settings to make punk music (nothing to do with diffuculty writing music) But whatever

YOU WANT HELP AND COMPLAIN ABOUT ALMOST EVERY OPTION WE ARE GIVING TO YOU GO SEARCH BY YOURSELF IF YOU WILL ACT LIKE THIS

PUNK!
Last edited by dante_3_16 at Aug 28, 2008,
Quote by dante_3_16

first! Dont call me stupid iI was trying to help you find the right pedal but know i dont care go get some education first

second!You dont know anything about me so you can´t just say I dont know anything of how my music is written

Third! What I meant is that you dont really need to much effects and settings to make punk music (nothing to do with diffuculty writing music) But whatever

YOU WANT HELP AND COMPLAIN ABOUT ALMOST EVERY OPTION WE ARE GIVING TO YOU GO SEARCH BY YOURSELF IF YOU WILL ACT LIKE THIS

PUNK!

Like I said you don't know anything of my music, so you shouldn't be telling me how many effects I'm going to need....if I want to buy these pedals, it means I have an idea what I'm going to use them for.... I am not complaining about what people are posting, I am just giving them some feedback, and when you have people saying to get the metal zone pedal for a punk band it's kinda frustrating, cause when I was at my local guitar store they told me that pedal is total **** for the style I want to play (and yes when I bought the guitar there I played a few of my songs so they had a decent idea of what my songs were like)

wtf is with the "PUNK!" ???
anyway if you dont want the metalzone just dont buy it

just because It`s name says metal doesnt means it is only for metal

I was just recommending it to you (I dont know who said they are ******** but they are not)
Last edited by dante_3_16 at Aug 28, 2008,
I have the MetalZone, and I can easily get punk tones out of it ... it's versatile if you take the time to dial it in. And you can find them used on eBay for the same price as a new DS-1. It's built in EQ has more control over your sound than the DS-1 and it's single tone knob.

(I have both, and definitely prefer my tone from the MT-2 over the DS-1)

Check on eBay, you may be able to find a few boss pedals in the same auction for a decent price.

Again, it's not the greatest pedal out there, but neither is the DS-1 ... if you're on a budget deal with what you can get. IMO the MetalZone is better in the long run.
Ok, you play punk, what kind of punk? Are we talking FOB, Blink 182 type punk? Ramones, Clash type stuff? Sex Pistols, Minor Threat type stuff? That might help.

Anyway, I'd suggest another DS-1 for your distortion, I loved my DS-1 before I got my Marshall, after that it became a booster pedal, and now it's modded for smoother breakup and more bass response. Mine's about 8 years old, been all over the midwest and took a beating, I don't know what happened to yours. (what did?)

If you want an OD pedal, the Digitech Bad Monkey is a damned great pedal for the money. I picked one of those up recently, and it doesn't stack up to my BBE Greenscreamer, but it's AMAZING for the money.

Fuzz? Arbiter Fuzz Face.

Chrous? I've no clue.

But for most punk bands, the DS-1 should work fine.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Get a better amp/thread
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
Get a better amp/thread

'cording to his profile, he's got a Crate V-50 and a Peavey Classic 50. No need for a random Fender 100watt with those amps at your back. No need to make a blunt, "get a better amp" jag statement. I hate people that do that.
deal with it ^
Mod your v50's distortion channel, and get a boost pedal, after that you should be good.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
deal with it ^
Mod your v50's distortion channel, and get a boost pedal, after that you should be good.

I did, that's what the last post I made was. I think with amps like those, a good OD pedal should be all the TS needs. What, what mod can be done to the V50's distortion channel?
digidelay
digitech DDM
digitech chorus
digitech hot head

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Way Huge pedals are awesome. Swollen Pickle Mk.II FTW.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
well, for distortion i like the boss mega distortion its really good lots of gain good tone and it cleans up well if you want,mxr zw- 44 for the overdrive, its the best overdrive!! boss super chorus and a big muff youll be very happy with this choices trust me!! hails!