hey i was wondering how good is the rr3? i dont have any time to go to guitar center.
how well can it handle dropped tunings? how well does it stay in tune? is the bridge floating?
things like that.
thanks
Last edited by soccerguy6494 at Aug 27, 2008,
Mine didnt stay in tune to well, THB. I blocked the Trem and now I love it.
But I really don't like trems anyway. But besides that. It's an amazing guitar.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Aug 27, 2008,
Quote by Mullen2105
do you want one just because matt tuck plays one?

Dude, that's like saying, "Do you want an SG just because Angus Young plays one?"

Dumb question.

Edit://

He plays a an RR1 and RR1T anyway....
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Aug 27, 2008,
Quote by RazorbackRR1
dude save and buy an rr1 so much better rr3 are garbage

That's a ridiculous comment.

RR3's rock.

You are totally ignorant, and unhelpful.

Anyway, they are primarily metal guitars, so with some thick strings, dropped tunings should be a breeze.

Yes the bridge is floating. The guitar should stay in tune longer than hardtail guitars if you give it a good set up. My suggestion. If you have no FR experience, watch a few Floyd Rose setup videos before getting it. That way you can set it up yourself.

Yes it rocks.
Quote by Dark_Raven10
Dude, that's like saying, "Do you want an SG just because Angus Young plays one?"

Dumb question.

no i say that because he htink bullet for my valentine is the best band ever.

IMO guitars with trems aren't worth it and the trem makes you play differently
Originally Posted byMullen2105

matt tuck plays RR1s
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Mullen2105

i thought he uses an esp model?
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by Mullen2105

no. im looking for a new guitar and i found one on ebay for about $200
Quote by Sakattack75

That would be the other guitarist, Padge.

The RR3 is a good model, I've got one signed by BFMV. Decent pickups (assuming this is a 2006 model or newer), trem is reliable (hasn't broken down on me.... yet.) and the feel is very slick and smooth. Try it out in person if you can.

the other guitarist, padge, does. tuck uses jacksons

EDIT: beaten to it
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I own one. It sounds great for Metal and Rock, but has severe balance problems (the neck is too heavy for the body and keeping the guitar angled up is a bitch). The tremolo doesn't keep tune very well, and you can get better construction options for the money (You can get a set-through mahogany LTD V with a bound fretboard and emgs for $50 more). All that said, it's still a pretty cool guitar and I'd take it over most any day. Just be weary.