So I bought a Build Your Own Clone tremolo pedal, had a blast building it, and am loving using it. Has anyone else made any BYOC pedals that they were really satisfied with? I was thinking about buying their TS-808 clone or maybe their ESV fuzz.
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
I've got a better idea:
Quote by mah email
On to the most important item of business for this newsletter: to announce a SALE for newsletter subscribers only! From now through September 1st, a 10% off sale on everything on the site. Get an additional 10% off the kits that are already on sale for a really great deal! To get the sale prices use coupon code: augsale

In addition to this, we will be doubling up on the "Featured Sale Kits" from August 28th through September1st. For these five days only, you can order any August Featured Sale Kits or September Featured Sale Kits for the sale prices. The kits are

August Featured Sale Kits:

MBB Kit (Marshall BluesBreaker)
MGV (Marshall Guv'nor)

September Featured Sale Kits:

OSQ Kit (Orange Squeezer Compressor)
P45 Kit (MXR Phase 45) If you haven't heard the P45, it is an excellent phase shifter, I personally like it better than a Phase 90.

Save on shipping and great double sale savings by ordering some or all of the August/September Featured Sale Kits together. Featured Sale prices, plus an additional 10% off with the coupon code.

generalguitargadgets.com
I have a Mouse that I really like. Gives 3 rat modes (including the nice vintage Rat), and then 3 dirty tubescreamer modes. It was a little harder build than the tremolo (I have that one too, it's great), but it sounds great.

They also have a sale going on through the end of August. Use the code augustsale at checkout and it's 33% off everything, which is an amazing deal.
I own the TS-808 clone (aka. BYOC Sreamer) and I love mine. soon going to get 2 more. the phase 90 clone and the tremolo.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Ooh, thanks for the heads-up!
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
Quote by noobguy
I have a Mouse that I really like. Gives 3 rat modes (including the nice vintage Rat), and then 3 dirty tubescreamer modes. It was a little harder build than the tremolo (I have that one too, it's great), but it sounds great.

They also have a sale going on through the end of August. Use the code augustsale at checkout and it's 33% off everything, which is an amazing deal.

Wow, really? That's a great deal. Makes 'em cost as much as a GGG kit.
I built the fuzz about a year ago, and it was really cool. they are comin out with a really cool analog delay pedal in a month or so that should be pretty awesome.
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
Quote by forsaknazrael
Wow, really? That's a great deal. Makes 'em cost as much as a GGG kit.

I'll admit that any kit you can get at both places GGG has a better deal, but BYOC has some very nice kits that you can't get at GGG; so when they're on sale they're great deals. Plus the instructions are a lot more beginner friendly for those of us who don't really have experience with electronics.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I've got a better idea:

generalguitargadgets.com

Oh God ...I'm in trouble. Must resist GAS.....MUST RESIST GAS!

Chris
^I'm feeling a bit too lazy to etch my own PCBs, so I may make an order for 2 or 3 of them tomorrow.

Quote by noobguy
I'll admit that any kit you can get at both places GGG has a better deal, but BYOC has some very nice kits that you can't get at GGG; so when they're on sale they're great deals. Plus the instructions are a lot more beginner friendly for those of us who don't really have experience with electronics.

Yeah, that's true, they are quite detailed in their instructions.
I built the 5 knob compressor that Im really happy with. I wanted the flanger but they were taking to long to get it out. I kind of graduated and moved onto etching my own boards etc. But the kits are a good place to start.
I've got the Octave Fuzz, and I'm happy with it, although it took me a while to get working (my fault for being crap). Also, people on their forums are really helpful; I got so much advice when I was troubleshooting my problem-ridden build. And all of it was right! Which makes a change from UG!

EDIT: Tackleberry, whats the compressor like? I want to get one, and was thinking about getting a kit.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
The compressor is pretty nice. Most just have compression and volume controls. But the tone control is nice thing to have, and the blend knob is pretty cool. You can get half compressed half not or what ever mix you want. It also has attack controls. The kit comes with 2 sets of chips/transistors so you can customize it easy.
is the ITS8 @ GGG a TS808 clone? it's not very specific on the website... I'm GASing so bad on these DIY pedals right now haha
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Yes. Remember to use the discount code I gave everyone...

Of course!

I'm a complete noob to soldering and stuff like that but I pick up on things pretty quickly... Should I got for the discounted BYOC or the discounted GGG? Also, you just need a soldering iron and solder + the kit and your good to go?

EDIT: After searching the websites I figured out the tools I need
EDIT2: I'm getting the BYOC one... It comes with a free confidence booster and signal tester for first time customers
Last edited by theinnerpalm at Aug 28, 2008,