Page 1 of 3
Hey guys you might possibly remember my Fight Stories thread or maybe Another Chav Attack Story by xAbyssusx.

While reading through all these stories, I realised that not alot of people have been in a serious fight before. Also that the people who have, quite a few have lost said fights.

What I wish to create here is a self defence thread that cover all situations. Whether it be fighting a large group of people, street fighting, someone with a weapon or what to do if you are getting mugged.

If you find a good video that explains a few things then by all means, post it.

My Personal Tips:

If someone goes to push you, sidestep and try to trip them into the ground.

If they run towards you, duck and try and use their momentum to lift them and flip them over the top of you, or to the side. Think WWE spinebuster.

If you are getting mugged, put your hands in your pocket pretending to look for something, get your keyes, placing the blade part between your fingers when you have a fist, and hit them... Note: Do not hit them in the neck.

Also try and avoid a fight altogether, but sometimes it is impossible.

Run if you can, but if not then this is your guide.

Post away.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving
Hey guys you might possibly remember my Fight Stories thread or maybe Another Chav Attack Story by xAbyssusx.

While reading through all these stories, I realised that not alot of people have been in a serious fight before. Also that the people who have, quite a few have lost said fights.

What I wish to create here is a self defence thread that cover all situations. Whether it be fighting a large group of people, street fighting, someone with a weapon or what to do if you are getting mugged.

If you find a good video that explains a few things then by all means, post it.

My Personal Tips:

If someone goes to push you, sidestep and try to trip them into the ground.

If they run towards you, duck and try and use their momentum to lift them and flip them over the top of you, or to the side. Think WWE spinebuster.

If you are getting mugged, put your hands in your pocket pretending to look for something, get your keyes, placing the blade part between your fingers when you have a fist, and hit them... Note: Do not hit them in the neck.

Also try and avoid a fight altogether, but sometimes it is impossible.

Run if you can, but if not then this is your guide.

Post away.

this is so pointless.......
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
whip out a math book and have them solve fundamental equations

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
one tip I have is to punch them in the lower chest, chances are they will be protecting their face and on top of that its a fairly small target to hit anyways, but the chest is big and it usually doesn't take a huge amount of force to wind them out, and when you get them winded they usually are not keen to keep fighting.
No, do not use this as your guide. Join a self-defense class. Tae Kwon Do for example.
Quote by biga29
this is so pointless.......

I think it's useful, some people (like me) live in dangerous places and it's good to have a few ideas of what your doing, although there is no real sustitute for learning a form of martial arts etc.
Avoid fighting

but if you cant help it, make sure you throw the first punch

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
acutally, if you can get them on the ground face first, basically waht the cops do. ive had to do that to guys who attack me or even girls who have. cause i dont want to hurt them so i put them in a hold then trip them with my feet while holding them and then put them on the ground a little hard. then you can use pressure points and threaten to pop out there arm and they normally stop.
never have your hands down by your side, always have your hands near your face. Doesn't need to be aggresive could be in the thought positon, but it will save someone punching you in the face because your hands were in your pockets.

Also watch what is in their hands, steer clear of someone with a shank.

Best way to win a fight is to avoid a fight.
It is true there is no equivilant for true self defence classes.

This is ment to be an overview on what to do in certain situations. Just in case something happens on a walk home one day/night. Or you get jumped while out somewhere.

Another tip is to kick the side of their legs at the knee. It really hurts. Then you run.

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
If they swing a fist, lean back and use your forearm(with your weak arm) to displace the punch. This leaves them open to attack. Note: It's useful for school, you can knock them out and get away with self-defence.
Punches are actually pretty easy to block, just sidestep and use a forearm behind their wrist to redirect the force.

Don't be afraid to fight "dirty"-they're trying to hurt you. Don't let them.
Never age. Never die. Live forever in that last white-hot moment, when the crowd screamed. When every note was a heartbeat. Burn across the sky.

^^Soul Music, Terry Pratchett
Quote by Rogue Hermit
haha, concealed weapon permit sounds good for me.

+1 guns solve almost everything
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Sometimes you don't really need to fight though do you, the people who are attacking you might just wanna take the piss abit, i've had things like that happen where alot of people would have started a fight and got their asses kicked where as I didn't and managed to walk away fine, makes you look abit weak but i'd rather walk away looking weak than be driven away looking ... well you know.
where can you obtain these permits?

Quote by Våd Hamster

If it's a fight i've initiated (which i haven't) i fight fair. If its 10 guys or i'm getting mugged, it's dirty play all around. sand in the eyes, cheapshots, whatever. I generally like to avoid a fight, though.
if you find the opportunity to kick them, make it HURT

when kicking, make sure you shift your hips with the kick and extend your knee right before striking. this helps put as much weight into the kick as possible and it hurts like a bitch.

I'm not saying try to do it exactly like this guy, but watch how he shifts his whole body into that kick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeL67B0VOUM

or go for the gonads.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Last edited by MetalMegaMan at Aug 27, 2008,
Pull out your penor and start fapping.

I personnally GUARENTEE your safety if you start doing that. NO ONE will fight you.
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Quote by thanksgiving
where can you obtain these permits?

quite the wrong country i believe.
When someone charges at you... you don't do any of the WWE stuff lol Are you serious?

1. keep your composure. base, hands up, fighting stance.
2. get ready to sprawl once he grabs you. If you're the same size or smaller, get the mui thai clinch.
if he's smaller just sprawl and judo throw him by stepping in with one foot in front of him and swinging him
over you so you land on top.
3. If in the clinch, you can throw elbows to the face, knees to the stomach and thighs. You can land some
good shots here before you try your take down.
4. If he's bigger, your best bet is to go for a "gillatine" You wait as he tries to tackle you and wrap your arms around
his head as you both fly towards the ground. The landing might be rough... but DON'T LET GO. It's even possible for
the guy charging to land on his face from this position.
Once you're on the ground, wrap both legs around his lower back. these are your "hooks"
Once you've got your hooks in, and your arms wrapped around his head, start pulling down his head
maintaining your hooks. He's stuck. Tap out or pass out.
5. You're right about one thing, avoid all fights if possible.
Quote by KOL40
Pull out your penor and start fapping.

I personnally GUARENTEE your safety if you start doing that. NO ONE will fight you.

Good plan but I think it will lead to some new problems, imagine the looks you would get if you were in court for Assault AND Indecent Exposure.
Quote by Rogue Hermit
quite the wrong country i believe.

Thank god!

Quote by Våd Hamster

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
guns are for girls in my opinion. not only are they cowardly... but they'll take you on a long vacation to jail.
i've used guns... because i had too. because the bad guys had guns. but if it's a fist fight... then you let your fists do the job.
I've posted this before, and I find it works:

If they act threateningly and get in your face and act tough, when they push you, grab their hand. While their left(your right) palm is open, put your right thumb inbetween their pinky and ring fingers. Grab their pink with your whole hand, and twist it away from you and to the right at the same time. Try to hook their arm behind their back using only their pinky, it usually works. Pain concentrated in one area works wonders.

While you have their arm pinned behind their back, scoop your right leg between their legs and bring your heel down on their right shin while pushing in on the back of their left knee. They should go down facefirst, meaning you can just sit on their butt and grab both arms in a "full nelson" style so they can't use them to get up. Sit like that and pull on their arms to hurt their shoulders until they give in. Repeat if they decide to be ballsy.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Take a class that teaches a martial art or defense. I take boxing. It really boosts your confidence, not to mention a great workout!

When confronted one-on-one, use what you know. But if you are confronted by a group or someone with a weapon, then fight dirty as you can.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Quote by ocelott
guns are for girls in my opinion. not only are they cowardly... but they'll take you on a long vacation to jail.

When you are defending your home and loved ones against intruders, guns are not cowardly.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Page 1 of 3