This is in all seriousness. I didn't really drink until I turned 21, but I think it has become a serious problem for me. I was wondering if there were any other people here that are sober or struggling with a current substance dependency?

EDIT:

Sober as a result of an earlier addiction.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Last edited by kennyvspenny at Aug 27, 2008,
im sober
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Nope..

I might be in the future though.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
no not right now, but ive helped alot of friends through substence abuse and alcoholism, almost too many times. but yeah it totally sucks and its just as hard for the friends and family to see someone they love go through that stuff.
Only thing i've ever been addicted too is Dr.Pepper but thats yet to cause me problems, btw TS have you considered AA meetings? Or reading Slash's autobiography? (that'd scare anyone sober).
Ive got an addiction, i feel a little awkward talking about it because even tho ive tried to stop - i continually do it. I do it every day alot, even when i am not thinkin about doing it, it is uncontrollable and just happens. I get some comfort because i know alot of people have the same addiction.

so who else has a breathing oxygen addiction?!?
i used to smoke pot ALOT, but i realized it wasnt good to use that much, and just went cold turkey, and resisted my urges.

drugs/alc make you feel up, and youre addicted to the feeling it gives you, not the substance. so when you dont have it, you go back down, and its worse feeling. so you want it again. just try and get up without drugs, and no, thats not a penis joke.

AA meetings/12 step programs are very good. i dont have personal experience, but ive heard alot about them. not just to stop drinking, but to grow to be a better person overall.
All i can say is, i'm surprised nobody has said they're addicted to fapping ... does this mean the pit has matured? ... I loled at that one.
i did alot of cocai last summer, im not really sure how or why i stopped. just realized it was ****ed up and im better than that
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by clement1
Ive got an addiction, i feel a little awkward talking about it because even tho ive tried to stop - i continually do it. I do it every day alot, even when i am not thinkin about doing it, it is uncontrollable and just happens. I get some comfort because i know alot of people have the same addiction.

so who else has a breathing oxygen addiction?!?

I was expecting a fap joke there but that was much more original, well done.
fapping jk

I've managed to abscond from drugs or drinking and all that shizzle! Hurrah!
UG's Batman

NOW WITHOUT CHRISTIAN BALE'S "GRUFF" LISPY VOICE!

Batman doesn't need Christmas to wear his Santa hat.
Im addicted to RAPE
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
Might want to take this to the drug thread all your gonna get in here is a bunch of retards saying they are addicted to Pepsi and rape.
Seems like the past few people to post are also addicted to unfunny comments.....

=D
I think I have a fairly serious cannabis habit, and I'm trying to stop (being forced really, lack of money) but it's hard.
I doubt it's an addiction but I definately miss it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
i abuse my substance.
Quote by in2thesun88
Bravo, really and truly the most sane, well thought out, educated, and reasonable come back of the day, Harvard should give you a doctorate, but the thing is you would probably need to graduate from the 5th grade first.
Quote by aaciseric
Only thing i've ever been addicted too is Dr.Pepper but thats yet to cause me problems, btw TS have you considered AA meetings? Or reading Slash's autobiography? (that'd scare anyone sober).

Holy ****!! I was drinking a Dr. Pepper right when I read that lol
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
I have a genetic predisposition to substance abuse, although I have learned to control drug dependency. I have done drugs that a lot of people get addicted to immediately and have had no problem staying away. However, I need to learn to live in such a way where getting at least buzzed on at least one drug (alcohol and pot mostly) isn't a nightly occurrence, because on the nights where I don't engage in some form of drug use I feel like there's something I should be doing.
I don't really have an addictive personality, so I'd have to take something like heroin before I wouldn't be able to control it.

If I ever think I'm getting hooked on anything, I'll just stop with it for half a year or so, to show myself that I can.

Except Coke (drink, not the powder). I drink an unhealthy amount of that...
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by FloyDZeD
Holy ****!! I was drinking a Dr. Pepper right when I read that lol

I envy you that, i've wanted one all day, all I got was coke .

But on a serious note, I don't think i'll ever have an addiction to anything, I don't really like alchohol and I would never be able to take a drug, I just couldn't go through with it. Also I tried to get (a little bit) drunk once but after quite a few (disgusting) drinks I didn't feel different at all so I just decided to stop.
Last edited by aaciseric at Aug 27, 2008,