There's a fabulous tapping riff thingy that I want to get down, but don't know really the exercises to make that possible...For example:

"Them Bones" by Alice in Chains has a riff in the solo when Cantrell just LAYS it on...I think it's something like this.

|-----5-----|
T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-18h20p18----18h20p18----18h20p18----18h20p18----18h20p18----18h20p18----18h20p18----18~|
|---------------19--------------19---------------19--------------19--------------19--------------19---------------19----|
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Any suggestions, fellow UGers? The link for the tab is here
-->Chris D.<--

that's like saying you might wanna try out this guitar but I just wanna warn you the action blows and it sounds like a bunch morons trying to screw a door knob

Looks like it's a pretty common run. No real tapping needed, just work on that hammer-on and pull off technique. Take it slow and make it clean. If I were playing it, I'd use alternate picking to grab that D on the G string.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Should I keep my middle finger on the D, or should I just hammer on to it? I would think keeping the middle finger on the D would make life easier...but I dunno.
-->Chris D.<--

that's like saying you might wanna try out this guitar but I just wanna warn you the action blows and it sounds like a bunch morons trying to screw a door knob

Yeah, I don't think you would need tapping for that, for me it's just muting the G string after the D.

Quote by thedarkblues06
Should I keep my middle finger on the D, or should I just hammer on to it? I would think keeping the middle finger on the D would make life easier...but I dunno.

You can do that. Like Marcus said, alt. pick the G to B string.
Last edited by SilverDark at Aug 27, 2008,
I would at least lift it a bit to reduce the note from bleeding into the other notes, but that's personal preference.

Oh, and I didn't see the tuning half step down... I just saw the tab on the original post, so yeah... Db
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Last edited by marcus00 at Aug 27, 2008,
^^Bah, didn't even look at the tab. I had to look this over a couple of times.

Yep, you're right.
Last edited by SilverDark at Aug 27, 2008,