Hello, my cousin's just found an Omen 6 in a guitar store pretty cheap, like as cheap as you'll buy an electric, so he'll probably buy it as his first electric. I was wondering if there's any inexpensive stuff that the gurus would recommend doing to it. Australian money is meaningless to most UGers, but it's on special at a low end squire price.

Apart from possibly putting different pups in it, I can't think of anything else it desperately needs to be a workhorse rhythm guitar, apart from straplocks and possibly upgraded tuners.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
i have one and love it, all u really need is a diff bridge pup the neck one has some real smooth cleans, and the tuners are actually pretty good, mine never seems to pull out of tune
a setup is probably in order. Though, Schecters do get an inspection at their custom shop as well as a setup
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
a setup is probably in order. Though, Schecters do get an inspection at their custom shop as well as a setup

Yeah I had a go of this particular guitar, and it feels pretty well set up as it is. The fret ends could do with being filed off a bit better, the edge of the fretboard isn't as smooth as it might be. Apart from that it plays good.

If he doesn't come up with the cash this week, I might pass the hat around the family and just buy it for his birthday.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
Yeah I had a go of this particular guitar, and it feels pretty well set up as it is. The fret ends could do with being filed off a bit better, the edge of the fretboard isn't as smooth as it might be. Apart from that it plays good.

If he doesn't come up with the cash this week, I might pass the hat around the family and just buy it for his birthday.

good plan my good sir.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.