I've owned an Epiphone Thunderbird IV for about half a year now but I've never needed a gig bag untill now.

I've been to a few shops and looked on the internet and there either waay to expensive or a hard case. Does anyone here know of anywhere where I can find one for less than £50?

First thread btw, so I've probably done loads wrong!
Mentioning that you own an Epiphone Thuderbird is going to be the biggest load of them all...

I've never realized gig bags to be all that expensive...maybe it's just the whole living in the plains states. I'd say check out pawn shops or musiciansfriend style websites
Quote by tictaknicnak
First thread btw, so I've probably done loads wrong!

Yes you have.

Anyways...I'm guessing it's because of the wierd shape your not really going to fine a whole lot, unfortunately.
I bought the TB becuase it can play different styles of music, and with an effects pedal it sounds amazing. Once you get past the neck dive its a great instrument!

Most of the people who hate the TB have never played one and is just copying each other!
I've played many. And I was once way into them because Shavo Odadjian played one and I thought (still think) he was/is a god. But then I realized that...Thunderbirds just aren't good.

Oh, and since it seems to be your theme to end things with smilie bs...
Well anyway, can we get back to the subject before all the sheep arrive and start hating the TB. (haha)
Indeed. Like I've previously stated, visit the local pawn shops, family owned music stores and, if all else fails, musiciansfriend...but, seriously, support your local shops.

EDIT: OH, and...
My local guitar shop was in Hull (previously Soundcontroll) but It seems to have shut down for good.
For my thunderbird, a corner of it stuck out of the side of the case all the time which was definetly not good. However I found by chance at the music store a thunderbird case made by epiphone. it was about 80 dollars. Thats the only case in the world made specifically for the t-bird. I would reccomend ordering one from the internet!
My main influence is Steve Harris, followed by Steve DiGiorgio
Check out my band Eyeshot at www.myspace.com/eyeshot1122
I play Bass and I'm damn proud of it.
Quote by tictaknicnak
I bought the TB becuase it can play different styles of music, and with an effects pedal it sounds amazing. Once you get past the neck dive its a great instrument!

Most of the people who hate the TB have never played one and is just copying each other!

Not to be a dick or anything but a lot of people on this forum despise thunderbirds because they have a very muddy tone and are not very versatile. Also, there are many hardware problems like neck dive and poor fret access. Anyway, on topic, the only thing I could find on google was a hard case for about $90.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Thunderbird-Hardshell-Case?sku=518393&src=3SOSWXXA
Have you looked at the Gator cases that are a combo of a gig case and a hard shell case? I got mine relatively cheap and its rather agnostic to brand for the most part. They also make one with back pack straps, which is a nice feature if you have to use public transport while schlepping your bass.
Ask Nikki Sixx where he gets his gig bags from.
Ride it like ya stole it.
Quote by anarkee
They also make one with back pack straps, which is a nice feature if you have to use public transport while schlepping your bass.

The back straps on my gig bag is very handy for lugging multiple stuff around, amp in one hand, bass on back, one hand free for doors.

You will quickly learn however, that the height of your bass when on your back is greater than any door frames and mass transit ceilings.

Quote by detroit
Ask Nikki Sixx where he gets his gig bags from.

Uses flightcases, I wouldn't trust the road to a gig bag.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
The back straps on my gig bag is very handy for lugging multiple stuff around, amp in one hand, bass on back, one hand free for doors.

You will quickly learn however, that the height of your bass when on your back is greater than any door frames and mass transit ceilings.

Not if you're short like me. I can honestly say I can clear most doorframes and bus ceilings with no problem.
I'm sorry to hear that, Anarkee...tell you what, I'll start praying every night for you to grow until you too experience the joy of hearing your guitar slam into a frame or other tall object.
Quote by anarkee
Not if you're short like me. I can honestly say I can clear most doorframes and bus ceilings with no problem.

get some platforms.

look at the advantage though- you're a smaller target. I can't fit behind the little cover at paintball parks they give you. and you don't get tripped up by door frames.

tallness is overrated. seriously.

though those gator cases are nice- I'd try those.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom