Page 1 of 2

To solve this thing?

You have to draw a line through all of the walls without going through them twice or cross you line.
It is possible if it doesn't have to be a straight line.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
I remember there was a thread on this a while back and every kept on trying (and failing) to figure it out.

So no.
i nearly got it...then i relised i went through a wall twice...so no
GEAR

customised westfield strat soon to be HH
MIJ 68'reissue strat from 1996

bunch of boss pedals
I got it, i'll post it here in a sec, it was pretty easy...
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Quote by Lucas Bundy MAN

To solve this thing?

You have to draw a line through all of the walls without going through them twice or cross you line.

you go through the top box on the top left go up go over to the right box go down and go back left out the boxes. unless you have to go through the walls on the outside

edit i did it again the other way as well its not that hard if im doing it right
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!

That's if you have to pass through every line on there...
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Diagonal lines if you are considering each wall to be broken.

I would argue that even if a wall is intersected, it is still one wall, and just go based on that.

Edit: One single line?
Quote by justnmcknz

You crossed your line.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by FloyDZeD
You crossed your line.

whoops, my bad...
here i got it
*edit* sory there shoul be a line in the on the right between where the bottom rigth boxes arent lined up, towards the upper right box
im uploading the correct version

double edit damn i missed one, o well
Attachments:
lla.bmp
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Last edited by F8iscruel at Aug 27, 2008,
"this problem has no solution.

because it has 3 locations (3 rectangles) which have an odd number of lines leaving each of them.. And also the outside has an odd number of lines coming to it (or leaving it)

a continuos line can have only only 2 loose ends.
a continuous path (Euler's path) may have a maximum of two spaces with odd lines leaving it (or arriving at it)

See Euler's theorem on graphs
It is generalized from Konigsberg's 7 bridges problem -
it has no solution either as proven by Euler"

Thanks to realme on Yahoo answers for the quote above. I did look at the 7 bridges problem, it is the same theory. Here is a link supporting it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Bridges_of_K%C3%B6nigsberg
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.

Probably failed, but oh well.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

The lines aren't curved, is their anything wrong?
Quote by geeve420
"this problem has no solution.

because it has 3 locations (3 rectangles) which have an odd number of lines leaving each of them.. And also the outside has an odd number of lines coming to it (or leaving it)

a continuos line can have only only 2 loose ends.
a continuous path (Euler's path) may have a maximum of two spaces with odd lines leaving it (or arriving at it)

See Euler's theorem on graphs
It is generalized from Konigsberg's 7 bridges problem -
it has no solution either as proven by Euler"

Thanks to realme on Yahoo answers for the quote above. I did look at the 7 bridges problem, it is the same theory. Here is a link supporting it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Bridges_of_K%C3%B6nigsberg

Thanks Raven
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
So my solution is wrong then? I went throught every line once, and i didnt cross over my own line...
Anyone know where I could find the leech fingers that were in the MIND**** thread cause my avatar is like a horrible version of it.
Quote by justnmcknz
So my solution is wrong then? I went throught every line once, and i didnt cross over my own line...

No. You need to go through every wall.
justnmcknz

Here are the one's you missed and again this isn't solvable!!!!
Attachments:
0056-2.jpg
Quote by dubstar92
Quote by geeve420
justnmcknz

Here are the one's you missed and again this isn't solvable!!!!

It's gotta be solvable! It's gotta be!

I just gotta... believe in the heart of the cards!
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
maggot9779,

The solution presented that says one should use a large brush because it fits within the “rules.” However, the definition of a line says that it is only one (1) dimensional, a line there for cannot have height and width it would then be a plane. So the “solution” presented where this individual accuses people of not being able to “focus” on the solution is in fact not focusing enough on the “rules”

The first time I was told the puzzle it was told to me to cross each line once and only once. So I crossed every time (picking up the pencil each time). However when the rules say make a line this does not work since this makes several lines.
Quote by dubstar92
EDIT: nvm, went through one twice
Last edited by callumh at Aug 27, 2008,
can someone explain to me what i did wrong, because this seems wayyy to easy
I mean, i went thru all without crossing
I'm Luke.
Page 1 of 2