been trying to do this for a while heres a rough outline of what i might start doing:

30 minutes - fundamentals (methods book etc)
30 minutes - sight reading
1 hour - Classical repertoire
1 hour - Jazz repertoire
1 hour - Mental Practice (transposition, keys/scales, ear training, etc.)

whats your practice routine look like? and any suggestions to improve mine?
jesus christ that's a lot of hours on theory. i can't handle that. what i usually do is about 2 hours theory, and as long as my fingers last on guitar.
there's been no guitar lately, for my fingers got cut. bleah. been out for about 4, 5 days. it's driving me insane.
Quote by RCalisto
jesus christ that's a lot of hours on theory. i can't handle that. what i usually do is about 2 hours theory, and as long as my fingers last on guitar.
there's been no guitar lately, for my fingers got cut. bleah. been out for about 4, 5 days. it's driving me insane.

yeah i might alternate days actually like do half the schedule one day half the next what with school and stuff
thats a great schedule. dont forget about fun wankery time tho! need to stay sane somehow...
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
1 hour of practicing techniques and the other is devoted to learning songs and just jamming.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
30 min doing finger exercises, for strength, stretch, etc

then I turn the metronome on and ...

30 min practising licks
30 min pull-off (yes my pull-off technique sucks)
30 min of sweep picking

some days I dont practice pull-offs or sweeps and I practice tapping, learn some song, or write my own stuff
Quote by Don't Read This
been trying to do this for a while heres a rough outline of what i might start doing:

30 minutes - fundamentals (methods book etc)
30 minutes - sight reading
1 hour - Classical repertoire
1 hour - Jazz repertoire
1 hour - Mental Practice (transposition, keys/scales, ear training, etc.)

whats your practice routine look like? and any suggestions to improve mine?

Quote by Don't Read This
a rough outline of what i might start doing:

Quote by Don't Read This
of what i might start doing

Quote by Don't Read This
might start doing

Something tells me you won't be able to stick with this.

Though it'd be great if you proved me wrong.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
15 minutes technique (divided in 3 excercises)
15 minutes repertoire
30 minutes transcribing
10 minutes knowledge (chords, scales, theory etc)'

I like my routine, if I have more time I'll extend those sections, but usually that is the time I have reserved for guitar
I usually practice whatever I'm in the mood for. Sometimes I practice technique, sometimes some scales. Sometimes I'll remember an awesome song that I look for to learn by ear. The most important part is when I actually sit down and do these things. Today 5 hours went by when I was practicing, and I didn't even eat breakfast . But I do practice, and I usually do get an improvement.

To TS: You should practice repertoire one at a time. You might get overwhelmed if you have stuff you didn't finish- you'll learn things faster one at a time. I'm stuck in three songs that are almost finished learning... I should get to that...
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
Something tells me you won't be able to stick with this.

Though it'd be great if you proved me wrong.

ah touche i meant "might start doing" cause of school and other interests might get in the way i would love to but like i said i might split it up in days