I'm ordering an Avatar cab along with my Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB head.

I like a bit of everything especially classic rock, hard rock, and classic metal. Even a little blues.

What would be the best speakers in ur opinion?

Vintage 30s? Greenbacks? Let me know
"(Monster cable)....oh they're durable. You can
tie up people with it
"

- Slash
I could have a mix of 2 different speakers as a good option as well
"(Monster cable)....oh they're durable. You can
tie up people with it
"

- Slash
if you have the cash, I'd suggest two 20 watt Heritage G12Ms. These sound really great, much better than their chinese counterparts (the normal G12M reissues).

It really depends though, if you want G12H or G12M. G12M have this really fat midrange and is super warm sounding, G12H are louder and have more pronounced bass and treble. They REALLY need a lot of break in time though, the G12H's are notorious for being super stiff with a really annoying ice picky high end when new and takes about 20-30 hours of loud music to soften the cones and break them in.

The most cost effective option though is to buy an empty cabinet, and put two Weber 15 watt Blue Dogs or Silver Bells. They run about $100 each, +$5 if you want the pre-Rola speaker doping. These are GREAT speakers, though you'd probably want to make sure they can handle a cranked 18 watter. Also, when you order them, Ted Weber will break them in for you for free if you ask.

Weber also makes great clones of pre-Rola G12M and G12H (both the 75 hz and 55 hz cones), which are also the same price. Personally, I'd go with Weber speakers, the same price as the reissue Celestions through Avatar, but far superior. Only problem is that Avatar will charge you higher for just the speaker cabinet, so you will end up paying a bit more in the end.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 27, 2008,