Ok so i go to guitar lessons every week but i wouldnt say its the most important thing to me, i do enjoy it though.

So i got a call from my teacher and hes asking me if i would like to play with him at a new tapas bar that has just recently opened - i would be paid as well. He says it would just involve me playing a few chords to back him up and maybe jamming a bit.

Im not really very confident in my skills, sure i can play some chords but im not amazing at the jamming thing. Ive never really played infront of an audience either, and im not really sure if im good enough at all.

So what should i do?
yeah, you can definitely learn a lot. and make sure you ask to play with him before to see his style and learn to react to him.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Yes, do it, it will be a good experience to have even if you screw up completely; and you'll get money.
Up The Boro!
You'll never get good at performing if you never try.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Do it.

I plan on playing my schools local talent show for practicing in front of an audience, I assume they're both good learning experiences.

I'm also not confident in my skills, too....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
DO IT!!! After all, everyone has to start somewhere.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
if anybody knows your skill level...it's your teacher. You don't have to do anything impressive while jamming, just pick notes that are in the correct key and such.

I would kill to play a paying gig with my teacher...he's mad good. He is the craziest jazz player i've ever heard. (intense sweep picking in jazz anyone?)

DO IT
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Do it. And the fact that he asked you of all his students clearly means you should have confidence in your ability.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
do it. like everybody said, its a good learning experience and don't worry about messing up. your teacher should cover up your mistakes if any.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
If your teacher believes in you, it's probably for a reason!

GO FOR IT!
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Same as everyone. You may not get many chances to play in public, so take every one you get.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
It has to start somewhere,

it has to start sometime,

what better place than here,

what better time than now?
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Do it! I personally think you learn alot by live performaces, especially when you have no idea whats going on. I know so many people who play guitar and when I ask them to go out and jam or something in front of someone they say "Oh, I'm not good enough."

But thats bull. You don't have to be a god to perform.

I've learned soooo much from being thrown into situations when I had no idea what to do. Just give it a try, and if you screw up, big deal. Actually, hopefully you do make mistakes, everyone does. Learn to catch yourself before you fall.

And most of all, your teacher suggested you do this, he obviously thinks you have what it takes.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by BostonLP
yeah, you can definitely learn a lot. and make sure you ask to play with him before to see his style and learn to react to him.

I'm sure he knows his style seeing how its his teacher.

Just sayin
My signature has doubled...