whats up everyone, im heading into the "studio" to record with my band soon and i am really debating what amp to get.

i would like something a little less loud then my but, to sound exactly (or as close to possible) as my 50w jcm800.

im running my les paul special with p90s straight into the high output channel and the OD is just awesome. it has the punch and the crunch and gain exactly how i want it but to do that its way to loud to record at a sensible level let alone try and write things with out your ears ringing....

any suggestions?
i was thinking maybe a vox, i was also looking at a orange tiny terror which i really liked but i dont know if it would suit my clean tone...

thanks!
Guitars
White Gibson 61' SG Reissue
Sunburst Airline 3PDLX
Gibson Les Paul Special
Amps
Marshall 50w JCM 800 with 1960AX Cab
Fender Deluxe Reverb
EHX Stereo Pulsar<Dunlop Rotovibe<MXR Flanger<EHX Big Muff
Why not go for an Ultimate Attenuator?

Vox's surely do not sound like Marshall JCM 800s...
well i like the crunch of the AC30s even if it dosent sound like my marshall. its proably not the best for recording either but i could get the tone i wanted out of it...

to those attenuators suck tone? ive always been hesitant on getting one
Guitars
Sunburst Airline 3PDLX
Gibson Les Paul Special
Amps
Fender Deluxe Reverb
If you're entering a studio, surely you can mix your tracks quieter if you use the JCM?
The Ho/Ultimate attenuator is a godsend. It actually sounds great at low volumes. Its far superior to a Hotplate or Weber Mass.

Its just that they're expensive. But its still definitely cheaper than a new amp in which the AC30 is still too loud to turn up in the studio.
ya i figured anything above 15 watts is gonna be too crazy... ill definitely look in to the ultimate attenuator then. thanks for the help man...

oh and adam the studio is more like some kid who is doing some recording program in college and is recording us for cheap cheap cheap.... he has decent gear but by no means is this going to be professional... hopefully very close to sounding professional but it wont be anything special..

thanks again!
Guitars
Sunburst Airline 3PDLX
Gibson Les Paul Special
Amps
Fender Deluxe Reverb