Poll Options
View poll results: Pick or Fingers?
Fingers
30 55%
Pick
6 11%
Depends on the song
16 29%
Idc, when talking about playing bass, i'd play even with my nose..
3 5%
Voters: 55.
I dont really care. Ive been using my fingers alot lately trying to get them up to speed but i use a pick if i cant get my fingers to play fast enough right away.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
I usually use fingers, I can maneuver waaay better with them
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
hey guess what,i play with a pick have always played with a pick and always will play with a pick,but i guess im not a bassist since i have a different style huh
Yep, I'm from Kentucky all right! yee haw!

Quote by Zycho
Who says you need a band? A bass can do just as much exciting shit as a guitar can.
Quote by xxZERO320xx
hey guess what,i play with a pick have always played with a pick and always will play with a pick,but i guess im not a bassist since i have a different style huh

he was kidding
Quote by xxZERO320xx

You had to ask for it...At least the comment before was in a joking manner...

I prefer fingers but I desperately need to improve my picking....I'm pretty much helpless with one unless I'm really familiar with the song. I try to play with pick or fingers based on the original.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i know he was joking it just gets me mad coz i hear everyone say real bassists use there finger's,i've even had a few bands not want me just because i play pick style

Quote by Zycho
Who says you need a band? A bass can do just as much exciting shit as a guitar can.
if you knew it was a joke than why get worked up about it?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's not the point of this forum.
coz i did'nt realize it was a joke at first and then when i posted that i was like well crap,now im gonna look like a jack@$$ lol

Quote by Zycho
Ya I'm fine with people playing with a pick. I just don't do it myself, partially (OK, mostly) because I'm TERRIBLE with a pick.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
well i don't play finger style coz i am terrible with my finger's,so i guess everyone has what there best at

Quote by Zycho
STICKY FINGAZ! (Actually, i cry when i see someone playing with a pick 0.-)

filler filler filler filler
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Can't we just agree that a good player will know both techniques and use what works for them? Tony from Static-X uses a pick for speed, and that's how he learned. Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse uses fingers 'cause he likes the sound he gets from his amp.

I plan to teach my friend to use both whenever his left handed bass shows up...
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
no slap option?

im a fingerer, makes me look good at foreplay
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by sonsie
no slap option?

im a fingerer, makes me look good at foreplay

I lol'd. And feel the need to turn that into a sig!
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
+1 to Sonsie.

When you're on stage, usually finger playing seems to draw attention.

But seriously, I use both. Picking for fast stuff and br00talz metalz, fingers for the rest. I sometimes even switch mid-song multiple times.
1. No vs threads. Read the rules.
2. These types of threads HAVE been done to death.

Closing threads.