Hi guys, as i've said in an old thread, i'm looking into buying a Blackheart little giant.
In future i will be wanting a nice big halfstack. So im planning on buying the cab now and the blackheart head.

So i've been told to look for cabs with Vintage 30's.

Here's what i've found (the cheapest on Thomann.de)

Will this do the following things;

1. Allow me to get that great heavy metal/death metal, AND blues tone i've been looking for?
2. Work with the little giant head, and most heads, such as a peavey 5150 or a Marshall JCM e.t.c.?
well heres the question, are you giging?
are you recording?
are you going to be playing at lower volumes?
are you using any pedals?
1. are you giging?
Not yet, but i will be doing next year.
2. are you recording?
Once i buy a decent mic, yes
3. are you going to be playing at lower volumes?
Pretty much yeah, only getting the 5watt head.
4.are you using any pedals?
Yeah, metal muff, behringer cs100, dunlop crybaby wah, gonna buy a TS808 once i buy this set.

To 666 pounder, not right now i dont need a 4x12, but next year or whenever i start gigging, i would like it yes. Also, it really would be a nice finisher to my guitar room lol.
Quote by iRockMetal

Will this do the following things;

1. Allow me to get that great heavy metal/death metal, AND blues tone i've been looking for?
2. Work with the little giant head, and most heads, such as a peavey 5150 or a Marshall JCM e.t.c.?

Honestly? No.

People will disagree with me I know, but seriously. Middy fizzy amp + speaker with a mid hump= pants. I know, I just had the epiphany when playing a few minutes ago.

V30's are over rated, especially on this forum.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Yea it is. Especially at low volumes. It's not so bad when you get to like 4 on the volume, but when you do that it's way too loud for home use.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by iRockMetal
Here's what i've found (the cheapest on Thomann.de).

You get what you pay for.

IMHO, a quality 2x12 >>> a low end 4x12

Orange and Engl make 2x12's that blow that Harley Benton out of the water for a little more money. A 2x12 is plenty for gigging. If for some reason you decide it's not enough down the road (this would be purely psychological on your part, BTW), you could always get another cab. But in the meantime, you'd have a quality box.

And I agree with everyone who says V30's are overrated.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Just to clarify, i'm not buying the 5150 for a long time. Not until i start gigging. Until then, just the 5watt head (little giant).

Surely the cab is decent, due to its high quality speakers?
Quote by iRockMetal
Surely the cab is decent, due to its high quality speakers?

Overrated/overpriced speakers in a cheaply constructed cab. Don't underestimate the materials and build quality when it comes to speaker cabs. Easily as important as the speakers installed.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
How so? Surely if its about wood strength or vibrations or something, its not gonna affect me too much as i wont be playing stadium volumes lol.
Quote by iRockMetal
How so? Surely if its about wood strength or vibrations or something, its not gonna affect me too much as i wont be playing stadium volumes lol.

It's not just about durability, it's about the quality of sound. Just like the wood used for your guitar plays a (major) role in your tone, so does the construction of your speaker cab. The way a solid top acoustic sounds better than one made of plywood.

There's a reason that the HB 4x12 is so cheap - it's not very good.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Would you buy a MG cab if it had V30's in?

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Whats so bad about an MG cab?

Do explain this to me, without jumping on the bandwagon of how MGs are bad.

As far as i know, its the amps that suck. Maybe the cabs arent that bad!! But no one would know, as i doubt anyone has tried one with a REAL amp.