i decided on getting single pedals instead of the multi-effects for the quality and tone. I like to play a lot of rock, alternative kinda stuff nothing over the top hard core metal and not too much country. if that makes sense. What would be some good pedals to get?

My price range is kind of what ever... $300ish

i like the tremolo, flanger or chorus and delay pedals.

so far looking at bosses tremolo TR-2 , flanger BF-3 or a chorus CH-1 , and some sort of delay or reverb maybe the DD-7.

also with my kind of play style distortion or overdrive?

looking to hear from people that have had experience with pedals such as these.
umm... I can help with the distortion. I'd get the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal... It's my favorite pedal and its got a powerful distortion...
Quote by randomhero93
umm... I can help with the distortion. I'd get the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal... It's my favorite pedal and its got a powerful distortion...

no no no. NO.

and +1 to what amp do you have.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
ur budget is 300 for one pedal or for ur whole board? i would suggest getting an overdrive. get a really versatile one something like the fulltone ocd or a ts808 or 9. an overdrive should be ur priority.

try looking at other brands other than boss. the mass produced pedals they make arent very satisfying in my opinions. unless u find vintage made in japan bosses then its another thing.

invest in a good overdrive. as for modulation, yes, a boss dd-7 is a good choice. if u have loads of money try the redwitch empress chorus. best chorus i've heard. ever.
i have a 15w ibanez amp pretty standard and with the 300 ish budget planning on getting around 3-4 pedals or something
Ok pedals don't make little amps sound like Marshall full-stacks.

$300? That can get you a decent sized Line 6 Spider amplifier.
Yes i know there is a lot of hatred towards the spider but your not going to be playing gigs any time soon. They are good practise amps.

EDIT: And the spider has pretty much every effect ever built in to it.
Quote by inevitable08
i have a 15w ibanez amp pretty standard and with the 300 ish budget planning on getting around 3-4 pedals or something

Dude seriously pedals won't make that thing sound better. You don't NEED pedals to sound good.

Get a new amplifier

300 dollars could get you a new Crate V33 or V18 combo which could do Alt rock stuff easily.

If you are gigging i would get the V33 but If you crank the V18 i'm sure it's giggable. I mean, the V18 is onsale for 150, and the V33 is going for 250

Seriously man, Just grab one of those crate V-series amps or a used crate Palomino, and you'll get a much better tone than any mass of pedals would ever get you.
well I'm not planning on gigging really just playing guitar for fun. but i can see where you are going with a new amplifier. i look into finding one
Quote by inevitable08
well I'm not planning on gigging really just playing guitar for fun. but i can see where you are going with a new amplifier. i look into finding one

Well i dont want you to make the same mistake i did. I bought almost $350 worth of pedals for my 10 watt practise amp. It sounded awesome at the time. A metal zone, an ultimate metal pedal, a cheap chorus and a cheap multi effects pedal.

Now i realise i had the worst tone ever

For $400 i then bought my current amp and haven't used a pedal since.

EDIT: What sound are you looking for? Metal, Rock, Classic Rock etc
mostly rock and classic rock and maybe some metal.

and if i were to buy an amp, someone said above a line 6 spider, aren't those modeling amps and sound horrible to add pedal affects to them for fun?

basically I'm looking for getting a nice rock/classic rock tone and later if i wanted to add some pedal effects not be limited by whats on the amp because everything else wont sound good.
Quote by inevitable08
mostly rock and classic rock and maybe some metal.

and if i were to buy an amp, someone said above a line 6 spider, aren't those modeling amps and sound horrible to add pedal affects to them for fun?

basically I'm looking for getting a nice rock/classic rock tone and later if i wanted to add some pedal effects not be limited by whats on the amp because everything else wont sound good.

Well Spiders are good practise amps. They have tones of different preset sounds and come with loads of effects. But yes they sound **** with added pedals.

I would take the other guys advice and look at the crate
The V50 is going to be way too loud for bedroom practice, and considering you don't gig I would suggest against it for now.