Ok, I have all of my strings in proper intonation except my low E string. They are a 12 gauge set. For some reason the harmonic is still sharp no matter how far I crank the saddle back, How do I fix this?
what type of bridge?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I should Probably add that it is a fender strat with the trem locked, So its basically a fixed bridge.
is it that you cant go back any farther?

how off is it, because you can shorten the spring in on the intonation screw and that will permit the saddle to go back farther.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Its still pretty sharp, I have cranked it back as far as possible. Taking the spring off or making it smaller wouldnt help cause its as if it needs to go back alot more than that.
you might need a new string.

that's sometimes the problem. because if the saddle moves, the tuning should change.

i would try that then come back, last resort would be a neck adjustment.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

are the strings new?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
and broken in im guessing if all the other strings can hold a tune?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62