What is the reason that make the floyd rose the most popular trem system nowadays ?
The double-locking system among others ?

What are the main differences with the wilkinson, synchronized, maestro or kahler trems for instance ?

Is it possible to do dive bombs, squealing harmonics, important pitch modulation on all of them ?

Thanks.

PS : i'm especially interested by the wilkinson trem... Does it give near OFR capabilities in term of tuning stability, pitch modulation amplitude ?
any floating trem you can mod pitch trem u can only dive,

if ur buying an floating trem deffinatley get a double locking, i dont even know if you can find single lock anymore,

my only experience is with edge3 ft and its awesome
If it isn't double locking, using the trem a lot will bring your guitar waayyyy out of tune.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by murshell
any floating trem you can mod pitch trem u can only dive,

if ur buying an floating trem deffinatley get a double locking, i dont even know if you can find single lock anymore,

my only experience is with edge3 ft and its awesome

Edge 3? Awesome? Really? Edge Pro, Zero, ZR, etc. yes, but the Edge 3 is crap.
I have no experience with the Maestro, but the Kahler system has a very smooth feel but is slightly less stable pitch-wise than the Floyd Rose. Some would say otherwise, that it's just as stable as the OFR.
The Wilkinson is not a locking system, but as non-locking tremolos go they're fantastic.
The Floyd Rose was the first double-locking (I think), and time plus Eddie Van Halen abusing one on his Frankenstrat all the time made them popular and their great pitch stability and range has kept them there.
EDIT:
Quote by Slaytanic6606
If it isn't double locking, using the trem a lot will bring your guitar waayyyy out of tune.

Only with divebombing. Your guitar will maintain pitch through a few songs with subtle use, especially with locking tuners. Bending is another story, though...
Last edited by Nightfyre at Aug 27, 2008,
the edge 3 is said to be **** by ALOT of people, but honestly, i got a nice setup at a shop near my house, and its great now. I have noooo complaints with it.
Quote by PathogenIC
the edge 3 is said to be **** by ALOT of people, but honestly, i got a nice setup at a shop near my house, and its great now. I have noooo complaints with it.

ya same, mines setup amazingly
i love it