Well kind of..
This is the first step, i'm looking into setting up an online business, yanno buying and selling etc. Was wondering what you guys knew seen as your a pretty intelligent bunch! Will obviously do some seriously thorough research aswell before I commit to anything but looking for a good starting point.
I have around £900 I could put into it to start things off, and was wondering what would be the best way to go about things, is there anything I need to apply for? anything you guys know of thats a good earner? a friend of mine buys clothes direct from thailand and sells them on ebay, is this a good idea?
anyway try an help a guy out if you got time and please no silly answers like "dude you should buy a guitar with the £900!!!"

cheers in advance guys!
yea i have heard that Kal Zakath likes young children

Dont try to emulate slash he likes men

The two comments that cost me my UG status for a whole month, true words they were however.
Quote by jbjh0016
Well kind of..
This is the first step, i'm looking into setting up an online business, yanno buying and selling etc. Was wondering what you guys knew seen as your a pretty intelligent bunch! Will obviously do some seriously thorough research aswell before I commit to anything but looking for a good starting point.
I have around £900 I could put into it to start things off, and was wondering what would be the best way to go about things, is there anything I need to apply for? anything you guys know of thats a good earner? a friend of mine buys clothes direct from thailand and sells them on ebay, is this a good idea?
anyway try an help a guy out if you got time and please no silly answers like "dude you should buy a guitar with the £900!!!"

cheers in advance guys!

Now see thats where you went wrong.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by jbjh0016
Well kind of..

cheers in advance guys!

I lol'd

EDIT: Beaten to it
Quote by KennySG
Now see thats where you went wrong.

haha suppose it was a bit of flattery in exchange for some advice

The two comments that cost me my UG status for a whole month, true words they were however.
Quote by jbjh0016
Well kind of..

cheers in advance guys!

Automotive parts. Whether it be junk parts, aftermarket, or OEM parts. If you get the right market, you could probably make some serious coin.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Automotive parts. Whether it be junk parts, aftermarket, or OEM parts. If you get the right market, you could probably make some serious coin.

agreed. this can lead to money, big time
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by ratmblink123
Dude you should buy a guitar with the £900!!!

someone in the pit suggested buying a guitar... hes a spy!!! everyone run
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
first off... Ebay is good. It takes care of a lot of the work for you. You need to find an area that you know a lot about and there seems to be a small gap or very little competition. An example is computers. Everyone has everything down on computers, so no gaps there. Clothing..... eh.... I generally find that for online purchases smaller dollar items work well. Especially ones that are marked up greatly in retail stores. They have some closeout stuff that you can get for pennies on the dollar. Find an item or items that is low cost to ship. Get a BUNCH of boxes or envelops from USPS.com You get them for free, but it takes 2 weeks to get to your place. You can use it as they are.... flat rate / priority. That makes shipping fast and life easy for you.

Here is all your options:
http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?shouldCachePage=false&jspStoreDir=PostalStore&mpe_id=10654&orderId=.&catalogId=10152&categoryId=11820&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&evtype=CpgnClick&intv_id=24053&completedURL=%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FCategoryDisplay%3Fidentifier%3DPS+SC+For+Mailing%26categoryId%3D11820%26catalogId%3D10152%26storeId%3D10001%26top%3DY&callingpage=eMarketingSpotDisplay&identifier=PS+SC+For+Mailing&langId=-1&top=Y&storeId=10001&calculationUsageId=-1

You want to find a source. Everyone has to have a good source of goods that is cheap, RELIABLE, CAPABLE OF KEEPING UP WITH YOUR BUSINESS AND OF GOOD QUALITY.

There are some places that do this. Usually they sell by the pallet or truck so 900 euros may not be enough. Be prepared to set up a decent Ebay store or website. DETAIL YOUR POLICIES AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE! This eliminates headaches for you. Also, your reputation is your lively hood. Keep your customers happy, and they will keep you happy. Good luck!

Also on what they said.... Auto parts are an excellent idea. If you do go into that.... Get flat rate boxes and make your life easier. For the larger stuff... Try UPS. It's cheaper for anything that cannot fit in those flat rate boxes. See if they have anything that you can do online. The more done online, the less traveling and the more you save (time and money).
Last edited by ESP_Shreder at Aug 27, 2008,
buying and reselling wholesale lots can be nice for stuff like vid games....idk other stuff.

if you won't feel bad doing it...you could sell stuff you buy from good will/salvation army...but i'd feel like a jerk
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by metaldud536
Make your own Pokemon cards.

haha

What the hell?
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
cheers EPS, seems like great advice!

any more ideas guys?

Oh and if you need advertising..

send me a shirt. I'll wear it...

(once a week $30 a month)

Get somebody to make cheap (but effective) rack mounts.

Those things are so overpriced....
Makeshift pedal boards?

idk anything about auto parts.

Buy massive amounts of u.s. pennies, melt them and resell for twice the price (illegal in the u.s.)

****Hire people to edit the codes of certain programs for elders so they are able to read them!**** (requires permission from designer in most cases)

idk
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Last edited by King_Arthur at Aug 27, 2008,