I have a MIM Strat that's 6 years old or so, and recently the tuning has gone to hell during string bends, slight trem usage, and general playing. I string the guitar properly, but I think I have an issue with the nut, the tuners, and the bridge combined. That being said, should I consider getting a Super-Vee Trem?
Does anybody have one? Would this be right for me. I like to use my tremolo a lot, and would liek to set it up to float so I can pull up.
Thanks.
Do you strech the strings after you put them on? I dont think the Super Vee will fix your problem.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
I stretch the strings when I put them on. So thats not the issue. And it has been set up by a pro, but the tuning still sucks. I think it is that problem with lower quality parts such as soft metal trems and bad saddles on MIM guitars.
locking tuners, graphtech saddles and nut, lubing contact parts.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
locking tuners, graphtech saddles and nut, lubing contact parts.

this. also, I believe the 6 screw trem can just use the 2 outer screws, lowering the friction, but if you do divebombs and crazy sh*t like that, I'd say go for the SV.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.