Page 1 of 2
http://www.mercurynews.com/golf/ci_10310954

I'm not a big fan of golf, but I'm upset on how they pass these stupid regulations requiring the golfers to speak English. You don't need to know english to drive an automobile in America, nor do you need to in order to become a US citizen. You don't even have to speak English to become President. This is a really racist and stupid law made by the LPGA. What do you guys think?
I think if I have to drive on the same highway as you then you'd better know how to read the damn signs.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
it's not at all racist. its simply to help the game.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Its not racist, because its not based on race. Its discriminating against language.. They're considered a private group are they not? If they are, and I do have no clue, then they have every right to only let people who speak english in.
Yeah I mean it's not like these guys get paid millions of dollars to play a ****ing game...oh wait.
wheres the retarded TS from?
because you hav to speak english to do all of those things, and since the president has to have been born in the US, id imagine theyd have to speak english
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Mudmen190
Its not racist, because its not based on race. Its discriminating against language.. They're considered a private group are they not? If they are, and I do have no clue, then they have every right to only let people who speak english in.

This.
And also, English is the national language of the United States. Everyone should know how to speak it fairly well when they get here, no exceptions. It makes me cringe to see people walk into American stores and expect the employees to know how to speak fluent Spanish.

But that's just coming from a Southern Californian, and we have a lot of Spanish-speaking people here.

ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
What does language have to do with race?

And English isn't from America. It's from a place called....England. I think you need to go back to school.

Golf isn't an American sport either.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Last edited by yoshixxx7 at Aug 27, 2008,
when was the last time you tried speaking english to a vietnamese guy?
not the easiest thing in the world
I thought of George Carlin when I saw this thread. Anyone remember his rant on finding homes for the homeless? Destroy all the golf courses and build homes for them because golf is a racist elitist game played by white middle class buisness owners.

RIP George
You do need to speak English to become President. Even tho its not expressed, how well do you think someone born in the states, and over 35, yet not an English speaker, would do in becoming president? And it has nothing to do with race, its just to avoid a big conflict.
Quote by The_Paranoia
I thought of George Carlin when I saw this thread. Anyone remember his rant on finding homes for the homeless? Destroy all the golf courses and build homes for them because golf is a racist elitist game played by white middle class buisness owners.

RIP George

Plus

****ing

Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Lol idiot, this isn't based on race at all. I am a huge fan of other languages and cultures, and I want to go into a Mandarin Chinese field, but seriously when will people learn, language has NOTHING to do with race. Seen those Asians in America that speak perfect English with no accent, and don't speak any Asian language? Yet they are still of Asian race? Yea, that is because they were born and raised here, and as a result, are just like Europeans, language wise, but not race of course.
Quote by xCurlyx
http://www.mercurynews.com/golf/ci_10310954

I'm not a big fan of golf, but I'm upset on how they pass these stupid regulations requiring the golfers to speak English. You don't need to know english to drive an automobile in America, nor do you need to in order to become a US citizen. You don't even have to speak English to become President. This is a really racist and stupid law made by the LPGA. What do you guys think?

How would you be able to pass the US citizen test without knowing any english? Also to become president you have to be born in the US, and I am pretty sure that all people born in a country will know the language.
Quote by yoshixxx7

Oh wait, it doesn't. Whoops.

And English isn't from America. It's from a place called....England. I think you need to go back to school.

lolwut? He never said anything about them not letting anyone else in that isn't American. He said they need to speak the language. Idiot.
Quote by Masamune
How would you be able to pass the US citizen test without knowing any english? Also to become president you have to be born in the US, and I am pretty sure that all people born in a country will know the language.

The United States has no official language and knowing English is not an official requirement to become president.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
Quote by bendystraw
lolwut? He never said anything about them not letting anyone else in that isn't American. He said they need to speak the language. Idiot.

Listen noob, this is what he wrote.

He said it's silly for the LPGA to force people to speak English because even the US doesn't mandate it. I said English's origins are not from America, hence there would be no reason for it to be the official language.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by rabidguitarist
i think it's perfectly fine, get over it
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by yoshixxx7

Golf isn't an American sport either.

Damn you limeys just can't wait to shoot off about anything to do with America. When did ANYONE say English was FROM America? They said it was the main language spoken in America, but I didn't see anyone say it was from America. Also, no one said golf was an American sport, but the league in question is an AMERICAN-based league.

Quote by ratmblink123
This.
And also, English is the national language of the United States. Everyone should know how to speak it fairly well when they get here, no exceptions. It makes me cringe to see people walk into American stores and expect the employees to know how to speak fluent Spanish.

But that's just coming from a Southern Californian, and we have a lot of Spanish-speaking people here.

English is the de facto national language of the U.S., there is no official language. However, I think learning English after immigrating to the U.S. should be a top priority, because communication is the best way to break down cultural barriers and help immigrants properly assimilate into the "melting pot", and as such, I have no problem with the LPGA's stance on the issue.
Quote by ratmblink123
This.

That's why I'm glad I took French in highschool. That way if they start speaking to me in Spanish I can say Je parle francais and then everyone is confused.
Death Cube K

Quote by primusfan
i know an old lady who supports abortion because it's generally low-class black women getting it performed and for her the less inner-city black kids (or blacks in general) there are, the better.

Oh Damn
Quote by yoshixxx7
The United States has no official language and knowing English is not an official requirement to become president.

You wouldn't expect to get very far in a presidential race if you didn't know english.
Quote by yoshixxx7
Listen noob, this is what he wrote.

He said it's silly for the LPGA to force people to speak English because even the US doesn't mandate it. I said English's origins are not from America, hence there would be no reason for it to be the official language.

Oh riiiiggghhht dude. And Spanish doesn't come from Mexico, or Central America, or Bolivia, Peru, Argentina, Chile, or any of those other damn countries, so they need to STFU with their Spanish speaking, because you have to INVENT a language to use it.
Quote by NGD1313
Oh riiiiggghhht dude. And Spanish doesn't come from Mexico, or Central America, or Bolivia, Peru, Argentina, Chile, or any of those other damn countries, so they need to STFU with their Spanish speaking, because you have to INVENT a language to use it.

We're not talking about freedom of usage. We're talking about forcing people to know a language. Golfers have always been allowed to use English, and now they are forcing people to learn it. There's a difference. Do you understand that?

I never said Americans shouldn't speak English. I said the American government has no reason to make English its official language. I also said that the American government has nothing to do with the LPGA or golf whatsoever.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by rabidguitarist
Quote by yoshixxx7
We're not talking about freedom of usage. We're talking about forcing people to know a language. Golfers have always been allowed to use English, and now they are forcing people to learn it. There's a difference. Do you understand that?

Okay, and the fact that the language comes from England is relevant how? The point you're making here, doesn't tie in with your previous posts....
Quote by NGD1313
Okay, and the fact that the language comes from England is relevant how? The point you're making here, doesn't tie in with your previous posts....

Golf is from England. English is from England. Golf is not from America. English is not from America.

Since you don't see how my post is "relevant", let me re post the TS's statement again.

Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by rabidguitarist
Quote by af_the_fragile
Golf is gay.

/thread.

This.

EDIT: If anything, golf is sexist. Didn't it originally stand for "Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden"?
Quote by The_Paranoia

RIP George

But I love George Carlin AND Golf.

[/torn]

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by yoshixxx7
Golf is from England. English is from England. Golf is not from America. English is not from America. Is that better for you?

Since you don't see how my post is "relevant", let me re post the TS's statement again.

First off, I do believe golf is from Scotland, not England . Secondly, I don't see the relevance of the language or the game's origins, since the predominant language spoken in America is English, and the league in question is American-based.
It's no racist, but I do think it's xenophobic. It is pretty ridiculous, I'd say.

Also, just because they're a private organization and have the right to make rules, doesn't mean it's RIGHT to make those rules. Boy scouts doesn't allow gays to join their group, and I think that's really wrong, but it's their right to be like that.

It's also my right to be a racist, but it's still not right to be one.
Who cares, it's the LPGA...
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by NGD1313
First off, I do believe golf is from Scotland, not England . Secondly, I don't see the relevance of the language or the game's origins, since the predominant language spoken in America is English, and the league in question is American-based.

Right, it's from Scotland. Everything you said is true, but I think my point still stands. Its a poor argument to say the LPGA shouldn't force language on its members because America does not. The reasons to do so or not do so would be totally different for each entity.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by rabidguitarist
Quote by The_Paranoia

RIP George

I golf
why dont you make your own league where they speak only your chingo-chongo language, and then you can exclude whitey? that would be fun.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Page 1 of 2