I love my Epi SG. I really do. I'm a beginner at guitar, but willing to learn as much theory/styles/techniques possible. In fact, I got my guitar a month ago. I'm urging for a Strat or a PRS now. Is it wrong to want another guitar when you're a newbie?

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
i dont think so...ive only had my electric, a cheap epiphone les paul specail 2 model, since february and while i love the guitar i still would rather have a schecter c-1+ i just cant afford it right now because i just blew all my money on my new vypyr
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
Quote by TDWP RULEZ D00D
No the more guitars the better! Plus it'll give ya a chance to try out different brands, guitars.

I feel really guilty though. I want a Strat, and a PRS. My mom bought me my first guitar (Epi), and I would feel horrible buying another guitar. I think if I get a job and earn the money, I can say that I truly earned another.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
love ur enthusiasm, but maybe learn a bit more and become more proficient before heading off to your nearest PRS dealership lol
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
i dont think it's wrong. but before i buy an expensive gear, especially a guitar, i make sure i'm good enough for it. it would help you progress.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Try out some guitars first before you buy em to.. if ya buy some cheap random guitar your gonna feel really bad
Quote by bigtimmy
love ur enthusiasm, but maybe learn a bit more and become more proficient before heading off to your nearest PRS dealership lol

Thanks! You're probably right; I should really earn a new guitar/amp once I get "good" at playing. And when I mean good like really good. Not after like, learning a set amount of things, but applying the techniques.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by yomoma21
yeah, definitely wait a little bit. most quit before a year is up.

No way dude! I've been borrowing my brother's guitar for a year and half, self-taught. That's where I learned my stuff on. I got my SG in June this year. I'm really serious about guitar. Why would I learn theory if I didn't care about guitar?

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
its ok to want but dont expect another guitar for a year or 2 otehrwise you're spoield
Quote by dbl93100
its ok to want but dont expect another guitar for a year or 2 otehrwise you're spoield

Definitely man. Besides, it'll be good to have a year for deciding what I TRULY want as a second guitar. I think I already am a bit spoiled though

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
well. my electric guitars retarded the necks f@$#ed so nothing can be played on first fret.... i've been playing for... 9 months now and i want a new electric but i jus bought an acoustic lol.
anyway i wanna get an epi les paul. so... i think i'll deserve one at the start of next year. i play every night for an hour or so.
I say hold on for a bit and develop your music taste a bit more.When you know what kind of sound you want go out and get it!
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.