I've been getting into alof of this folk punk (not sure if I have the label right). Bands I was thinking of was against me! Dinosaur Jr. Orkkevil River and Two Gallants. Anymore bands I should check out.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
defiance ohio, this bike is a pipe bomb, black lips, ghost mice
Quote by gallagher2006
This one time I went out at night and sexually assaulted 2 girls then murdered them and hid their bodies never to be found.

I pwned as a 7 year old
I'd recommend Neutral Milk Hotel, although they're more folk. and they are pretty dividing as in either you can't stand them or you religiously love them. and you probably have already heard of them. If you have, then disregard this post.
Have you ever actually listened to Dinosaur Jr and Okkervil River?

Dinosaur Jr has absolutely nothing to do with 'folk' and are only tangentially 'punk'. For Okkervil River, the opposite.
Frank Turner?

It's kind of loose folk music with a punk attitude. Probably worth a listen. Awesome dude too.
if you like dinosaur jr and folky type stuff check out j mascis's album live at cbgb's its an acoustic set really good
Quote by *Truly Ninja*

Dinosaur Jr has absolutely nothing to do with 'folk' and are only tangentially 'punk'.
For Okkervil River, the opposite.

I disagree. It's definitely not straight-up folk, but Mascis is influenced by the folk-rock of people like Neil Young and it shows on a lot of the songs on Bug (Pond Song, for example). I'm not saying Dinosaur Jr. are a folk-rock band, but the influence can definitely be heard in Mascis's melodies and guitar playing.

Anyway, I don't think the artists the TS listed are folk-punk anyway. Uhmm... check out This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb for a folk-punk band. Maybe Billy Bragg as well.
Quote by jpharaoh69
defiance ohio, this bike is a pipe bomb, black lips, ghost mice
Don't be slanderin' the Black Lips as folk punk.

I guess you could check out.. Johnny Hobo.
There's a big thread somewhere in the punk/ska forum for folk punk, I'd recommend checking that out.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by *Truly Ninja*

Dinosaur Jr has absolutely nothing to do with 'folk' and are only tangentially 'punk'. For Okkervil River, the opposite.

I've listened to both and Dinosaur sounded more like folk strumming type songs played by a punk band. And yes I know that Okkervil River doesnt really have the punk aspect to their music.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Folk-punk thread and nobody has mentioned The Violent Femmes yet!

*shock and awe*
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA