schecter hellraiser C-1 FR or an ibanez xpt700 xiphos which in your opinion is better?
Last edited by nathan549 at Aug 27, 2008,
I prefer ibanez over schecter because they feel more "right" and more comfortable for me..but i have an ibanez 6 and schecter 7 string loomis and i love em both the same
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
the xiphos is really heavy on the neck and will want to fall to the floor.
i don't know anything about schecters, but if you get a xiphos, you'll probably have to re-drill the holes for the strap buttons and move them

EDIT: but i have a xiphos and the sound quality is great and other than the fact that i have to support the weight of the neck the whole time i'm playing, it's really nice
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
well schetecters have a sound that IMO crushes ibanez plus they come with OFRS and EMGS
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by devit
well schetecters have a sound that IMO crushes ibanez plus they come with OFRS and EMGS

well i think your sig surely does eliminate any bias
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
^Lol

I would take the Schecter because it has a better bridge Licensed Floyd Rose vs. Edge III, I like Schecter necks more but that's just a personal preference, and I don't really like the look of the Ibanez, again, a personal preference.
Quote by kayman121
well i think your sig surely does eliminate any bias

lol hahah true
Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter! Schecter!Schecter!
Catch my drift?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
1) Schecter and Ibanez have completely different feels to them. Personal preference.

2) Hellraiser has an Original Floyd Rose, not a Licensed.

3) Vs. threads aren't supposed to be allowed, if you read the rules up on the stickies.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Schecter.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Hakael
1) Schecter and Ibanez have completely different feels to them. Personal preference.

3) Vs. threads aren't supposed to be allowed, if you read the rules up on the stickies.

The Vs. Rule is stupid. If the guy said Hellraiser OR Ibanez, nobody would complain, but VS is a no no. Dumb rule
Quote by FRDesign
The Vs. Rule is stupid. If the guy said Hellraiser OR Ibanez, nobody would complain, but VS is a no no. Dumb rule

Well, personally I can see why in regards to the first post. Asking which one is better.

No one can truly answer that for anyone else and it becomes a bandwagon fest.

I've also seen people complain enough about posts just like the "Hellraiser or Ibanez" mentioned.

Dumb rule or not, they put it up there. I simply pointed it out.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael

thats a stupid rule and who gives a s h i t no one has deleted the thread or anything so wats the big deal?
It's clear which one's better, though. The one which does not have the Edge III and is not made in Indonesia.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
ok ive decided im going with the schecter, im buying a new amp too wats a good tube amp head?
Quote by nathan549
ok ive decided im going with the schecter, im buying a new amp too wats a good tube amp head?

Given the two guitars you were looking at, I'll assume you like to play some type of metal.

What kind of bands do like? How much do you have to spend on the amp? Are you gigging (with a band)?
Ibanez have that feel that just makes me want to never set one down.

And shecters in my hands just feel bulky and useless, every time i try and pla one no matter how high end they just become a massive disapointment in every way.

And yes its all preferance.

And what style of music do you play, how much gain do you need, whats your budget ,ect.
Quote by Hakael
Given the two guitars you were looking at, I'll assume you like to play some type of metal.

What kind of bands do like? How much do you have to spend on the amp? Are you gigging (with a band)?

well yes im very much into metal. bands like bullet for my valentine, pantera, metallica, machine head, slayer ,slipknot etc.

and im willing to spend liek $1200 aus. no im not gigging with a band yet but i want an amp that will be good for gigging so wen i do gig i dnt have to buy another amp.
1) Schecter's are made better, and you can get more bang for your buck.
2)Ibanez's have a nicer feel to them, IMO, but Schecter's go a longer way for less, no doubt.
3)The way to tell which is better? Hellraiser FR. 500 Bucks less than Ibanez's closest competition and still smokes Ibz with EMG 81/89 Actives, an Original Floyd, and Set-Neck construction.

Is it really a competition?
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Damn it nathan. Now its Hellraiser vs xiphos (after 8 threads of RR3 vs xiphos). I bet that when you will read in some other thread about another guitar that might be better than the hellraiser, you will make 5 topics about that guitar vs xiphos?

WHEN WILL YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE TO GO TO A SHOP AND TEST EVERY GUITAR IN THE 800$ PRICECLASS?
Only then you will know which guitar YOU like the most.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Damn it nathan. Now its Hellraiser vs xiphos (after 8 threads of RR3 vs xiphos). I bet that when you will read in some other thread about another guitar that might be better than the hellraiser, you will make 5 topics about that guitar vs xiphos?

WHEN WILL YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE TO GO TO A SHOP AND TEST EVERY GUITAR IN THE 800$ PRICECLASS?
Only then you will know which guitar YOU like the most.

lol ahah nope made up my mind now