Hey guys, I'm in a band, and we just got 2 new members, a kick ass drummer and guitarist, so we revamped the cover system, just to get to play together and get comfortable, we all pick one cover in our genre.

So far,

Justin (Guitar 2) picked Scream Aim Fire by Bullet for my valentine

Matt (Me Guitar 1) Picked Morning Waits by As I Lay Dying.

Wyatt (Our drummer) and Josh (Our Bassist) Have not picked covers yet.

In or close to the metalcore genre, what songs would you recommend?

-Thanks in advance
----------------------------Matt
Poop.

Yes, poop.
What? No. Come on dude, if you're playing metalcore you should be doing all originals. Even if you're just getting comfortable you should only need like one cover.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
We have like 7 originals, but we want bout 3 or 4 covers, just so when we play live, ppl get into it when we throw a well known cover in
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by MattAnderson111
We have like 7 originals, but we want bout 3 or 4 covers, just so when we play live, ppl get into it when we throw a well known cover in

That's generally a good idea for most genres but you don't need to do that with metalcore. People expect all original music.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I would do some good bands defined as metalcore like Protest the hero or Between the buried and me.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
say goodbye - i killed the prom queen
right side of the bed - atreyu
unholy confessions - avenged sevenfold
hand of blood or tears dont fall - bullet for my valentine (best just keep it to 1 song per band)
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
If youre playing metalcore, how will people tell whats a cover and whats an original??

In all seriousness, anything from all that remains. this calling, six, air that i breathe are all good.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Dude like light to flies by trivium will be awesum and if uv got a good guitarist it should be not too hard to learn
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Shadows Fall

/thread
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by AmpleSteak
I would do some good bands defined as metalcore like Protest the hero or Between the buried and me.

BTBAM can be classified as deathcore or progressive death metal, I prefer the latter but either is acceptable. Protest the Hero is... well I don't know what you call them, but I don't think they're metalcore.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
beast and the harlot - avenged sevenfold.
if your guitarist can sweep pick that is, for the solo......
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Sonicxlover
BTBAM can be classified as deathcore or progressive death metal, I prefer the latter but either is acceptable. Protest the Hero is... well I don't know what you call them, but I don't think they're metalcore.
Yeah i dont think of them as metalcore but a lot of people out there seem to think they are...
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by Sonicxlover

I would leave them both at Progressive Metal.

Isn't "mathcore" the term for progressive+hardcore?
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
If I were in your guys' position (and I have been before) I would chose more creative Metalcore covers. As suggested above, Protest the Hero or Between the Buried and Me would work. August Burns Red would be good if your band is big on breakdowns. I'm going to warn you against Trivium, however; as much as I love them, their stuff gets boring quick.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

Quote by Hoodoo Child
beast and the harlot - avenged sevenfold.
if your guitarist can sweep pick that is, for the solo......

There is no sweep picking in Beast and the harlot solo....
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Last edited by MattAnderson111 at Aug 28, 2008,
Quote by Twofly
Dude like light to flies by trivium will be awesum and if uv got a good guitarist it should be not too hard to learn

i agree with this
its a good song, not long and fairly easy to play
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.