Page 1 of 2

Just seeing if ther is enough interest in this to maybe part with it. I'm in no way in a hurry or want to sell this, but I think I may have to eventually, so throw me some offers, I know what I want for it, but let's see what happens.

Thanks.
lets just put it this way lol. the top is completely flat right? i cant exactly tell by the pictures. i really didnt know that they made a faded version of this.
Would you be interested in trading for a Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe in honeybusrt with EMG 81/85's? if your interested at all, I can get you pics asap.
Gear List

Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey 6505+
Mesa 4x12 Slant Cab
Boss NS2
Boss TU3
I don't think I'd be interested in the Fernandes, sorry. The only thing I'd really like to trade for would be maybe a 5150 or XXX. I will let you know though if anything changes.
Quote by stereohigh
I have almost exactly the same guitar for sale

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250285377392&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=015

I have not seen another one, they seem pretty rare.

Ha! That's pretty sweet. I love mine to death, but unfortunately other things have come up.

PM'd
Yes same here, I am a bit torn about selling it, but I find I use my Fender Jag more now
really I need a valve amp for gigs
Quote by stereohigh
i would trade for that fernadez as well,but the shippin will be 2 high

Yeah man, Fernandes makes great guitars, but since I already own one, and am more inetrested in cash, I have to pass on it. But for anyone else reading this, buy the man's Fernandes, you won't be disappointed!!
I'm not sure, but Meegs from Coal Chamber used one, Riggs from Rob Zombie uses one, Dino from Fear Factory used one, plus a few others I can't remember right at the moment.
Quote by suffersystem
Yeah man, Fernandes makes great guitars, but since I already own one, and am more inetrested in cash, I have to pass on it. But for anyone else reading this, buy the man's Fernandes, you won't be disappointed!!

Yeah do what he says! buy my Fernandes or trade me a Les Paul of some sorts...I've been really interested in them lately. so yeah someone anyone you should do what he says. He's a very smart man.
Gear List

Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey 6505+
Mesa 4x12 Slant Cab
Boss NS2
Boss TU3
Gonna give this a bump before I go to work for the day.

Also just a heads up that the only other one I've seen like this got 1000$ so that's roughly what I'd like to get for mine, but open to offers of course. Thing plays like a dream and I can take more pics for anyone who is serious.
Quote by stereohigh
they guy from VR uses one doesnt he ?

Yeah Dave Kushner has a signature model, well he had I'm not sure if its still around.
New these were 575US$, which is a great deal, if you can find a good one.

Good luck sellin it around here for $1000, when you can go to GC and get a much better Gibson for that price.
They sold for more than that in the uk, and are worth more than that now, quite a lot of interest in these guitars
how much were the sg specials faded in usa when they came out ?
Quote by stereohigh
They sold for more than that in the uk, and are worth more than that now, quite a lot of interest in these guitars
how much were the sg specials faded in usa when they came out ?

All of them were $575 at my local store and mf.com. The seller is located in Canada. I don't see there bein too big a markup for that.

If they are worth more now, I would honestly rather an Epi LP. Epi's quality control is at least as good as it is on the faded special, and you get a whole lot nicer guitar.

I'm not saying these aren't good guitars, just trying make sure nobody gets taken. Almost 2x the price seemed a little steep.
epiphones - what the chinese ones, are you joking, they are bad, old epi's are great, orville by gibson yes, but new epiphones, cant touch this, its got the same pick ups in it as the studio.
are you sure you have the prices right ?

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Gibson/Les+Paul+Special+Faded/10/1

there are people paying 580 used for these and then reviewing them.

Product: Gibson Les Paul Special Faded
Price Paid: 580 (pounds) used
Submitted 04/24/2006 at 02:25am by Boas

If they were that cheap in the states new, 575 is less than £300 the uk got ripped off
£300 wont get you much new in the uk.
The lowest new Gibson I have seen recently was a Gibson flying v faded for £450 about $900 us
It's all good, I was just stating something I had heard, I don't expect to get what I had stated, and am open to offers. When they were available here in Canada they were about 750-800$ new, and have since been discontinued, so I figured I'd ask high and settle lower. I know the double cutaways were still going like that same price new. There's no way I'd let it go for under 600$ used as the Epi's are close to that new and this blows them out of the water IMHO. No offense, but I'd keep it if that was the case, lol. I've seem much ****ter guitars sell for alot more so I do not think it was out of the question, but I do appreciate the input.
Quote by stereohigh
epiphones - what the chinese ones, are you joking, they are bad, old epi's are great, orville by gibson yes, but new epiphones, cant touch this, its got the same pick ups in it as the studio.
are you sure you have the prices right ?

my epi would tear that a new one, with all the upgrades I've done to it..
I am sure it could, I have sold mine for £555 the guy played it and payed cash. how much is that epi ?
Quote by stereohigh
I am sure it could, I have sold mine for £555 the guy played it and payed cash. how much is that epi ?

pickups alone were $400 hand wound, with all the upgrades I've never added it up
Quote by suffersystem
Gonna give this a bump before I go to work for the day.

Also just a heads up that the only other one I've seen like this got 1000$ so that's roughly what I'd like to get for mine, but open to offers of course. Thing plays like a dream and I can take more pics for anyone who is serious.

LOFL, if you think you'll get anywhere near $1000 for that. Seriously. You can almost get a new Les Paul Studio for that, and you can certainly get a used one for $800 or less easily. The brand new Vintage Mahogany's are only $850 and the Faded Studios are only $900.

The guitar you're selling sold for about $600 when it was around with a peak at around $700 near the end of its life cycle. Considering it is discontinued, which does help your resale value a bit, I'd say you'd be lucky to get $500 for that. Anyone that pays any more is clearly out-of-touch with reality, especially considering you could get a used VM for just a bit more (and a Studio for just a bit more beyond that).

BTW: All of these prices are USD.
By the way, here are the only two completed auctions for this model that I could find. These were also the more desirable red color; black was the least desirable and had to be clearanced out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Gibson-Les-Paul-Special-Faded-Cherry-w-Case-Nice_W0QQitemZ220272006873QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33040QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/2002-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-SPECIAL-FADED-CHERRY-FINISH_W0QQitemZ330263347568QQihZ014QQcategoryZ38086QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I will say, though, that these are excellent guitars. I used to own a red one of these and I SO wish I wouldn't have sold it. It's probably one of the two out of 20 or so electrics I've owned that I have regretted selling.
Ah, good enough then.

In light of this new information, I will have to say that this guitar is no longer up for sale. I honestly beleived, and still do, that these guitars are worth more than that.
I appreciate the info, but like I said, I woudn't sell it for that cheap as I beleive they are worth more than that, so I will no longer being selling it. I'd rather keep it then let it go for 500$.

Ah well, it's all good.
Quote by suffersystem
I appreciate the info, but like I said, I woudn't sell it for that cheap as I beleive they are worth more than that, so I will no longer being selling it. I'd rather keep it then let it go for 500$.

Ah well, it's all good.

How do you figure they are worth more than that? THAT is the market value. The guitar may be worth your to YOU, but that has no bearing on the resale value of the guitar. If you want more, just hang onto it. The value will only go up with time; however, it'll be a LONG time (a decade or more) before it reaches a used value of $800.
Quote by Florbastang
How do you figure they are worth more than that? THAT is the market value. The guitar may be worth your to YOU, but that has no bearing on the resale value of the guitar. If you want more, just hang onto it. The value will only go up with time; however, it'll be a LONG time (a decade or more) before it reaches a used value of $800.

And as I said, I am going to hang onto it. That is also the resale value for the US at the moment. It'd be worth a little more here in Canada, and one was sold in the UK for 1000$ Canadian. I thought it was worth more, it's not, so I am keeping it.

/thread
It seems you got a hard time trying to sell this.
I had a lot of offers for mine, loads even. I had an offer of trade for an american standard telecaster, numerous other guitars, and cash offers from £500 to £550.
I sold it for £550 in the end, but was tempted by the telecaster.
even today I have been getting offers from the gumtree add.
I dont know the american market,and prices. But my guitar was damn fine
Page 1 of 2