Page 1 of 3
Well Im a electrican and work on new construction. I walked in the porter john today to piss and looked in the floor and there was a wallet down there. So i picked it up and seen a $100 dollar bill. I proceeded to look more and found a total of $1400 dollars in there. Well it was a mexicans wallet according to his licesence so I walked around the job until I found him and gave him his wallet back. I kinda figured I may get a reward but I just got a little thanks and he turned around and walked off and started counting his money like it was nothing. what would you have done??? Kept the money??? what I did???
by LazyLatinoRocke
At least you didn't walked in on your cousin and girlfriend going anal.
I would've gave it back.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by Joshanders86
Well Im a electrican and work on new construction. I walked in the porter john today to piss and looked in the floor and there was a wallet down there. So i picked it up and seen a $100 dollar bill. I proceeded to look more and found a total of $1400 dollars in there. Well it was a mexicans wallet according to his licesence so I walked around the job until I found him and gave him his wallet back. I kinda figured I may get a reward but I just got a little thanks and he turned around and walked off and started counting his money like it was nothing. what would you have done??? Kept the money??? what I did???

Should've kept it.

He's probably not here legally anyways.
well since he was a real jack ass, I definitely would have kept the money

but I do have a strange thing when it comes to that, I probably would have given it back.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I would've given it back. Karma is a dirty bitch.

That and it's the right thing to do.
give it back. what other option is there if you know whos wallet it is?
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
You did the right thing. After all, Mexicans work hard and $1400 is a lot.

I however, would have kept the $1400 and gave him everything else in the wallet.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Joshanders86
Well Im a electrican and work on new construction. I walked in the porter john today to piss and looked in the floor and there was a wallet down there. So i picked it up and saw a $100 dollar bill. I proceeded to look more and found a total of $1400 dollars in there. Well it was a mexicans wallet according to his licesence so I walked around the job until I found him and gave him his wallet back. I kinda figured I may get a reward but I just got a little thanks and he turned around and walked off and started counting his money like it was nothing. what would you have done??? Kept the money??? what I did???

fixed
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I would have taken the money, put it somewhere I know where it is but no one else does, confront him, and act like it was empty when I found it. Go back a couple days later to the spot you hid it at and score.

That's just me though, cheers for doing the right thing.
Quote by 3rdWardSoldier
Should've kept it.

He's probably not here legally anyways.

Ha, nice assumption.

But anyway, despite him not being all that gracious you still did the right thing. You shouldn't always do a good deed simply because you're looking for a handout or a pat on the back.
i wouldnt keep it.

that is too much money. i wouldnt feel right if i kept it, especially knowing who it belonged to.

if i just randomly found $100 on the ground, i wouldnt feel as bad about it.
I'd keep the money and throw his wallet somewhere he'd never find it.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Something good will happen to you in the near future.

No good deed goes unrewarded.
Maybe someone will hire that same Mexican to kill you, but when he realizes it's you, he won't!

But really, something good will happen, karma
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
You did the right thing. After all, Mexicans work hard and $1400 is a lot.

I however, would have kept the $1400 and gave him everything else in the wallet.

I would've slipped a hundred out, how do you misplace a wallet with 1400 in it? dumb mexican
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Eh, what if you lost 1400 dollars. I'd be pretty mad if I lost 1400 dollars. Then I'd wonder why I was carrying around 1400 dollars.

I would have given it back if I knew who owned the wallet. If I just found 1400 dollars then I'd keep it.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
you did the right thing.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I would half-assedly looked around once. Since he's a foreigner I probably won't be able to pronounce his name properly anyway.
I would have done what you did. Keeping someone else's cash, especially if you know who it is, is wrong.

But I don't see why anyone would be carrying 1400$ on a construction site unless they were illegal.
finders keepers?

in all seriousness, i'd try to return it
I see no sign of fortress.
I really didn't expect a pat on the back or a reward it just kinda crossed my mind as I was looking for him. Considering im in a tight right now with bills and money though it would have been nice lol
by LazyLatinoRocke
At least you didn't walked in on your cousin and girlfriend going anal.
*Takes money out of wallet*
*Hides money in car/locker/safe place*
*Approaches owner of wallet*
"Hey man, did you throw your wallet in that trash can?"
"No."
"Oh, well that's where I found it."
*Hands over wallet*
"Did you take the money that was in it?
"Was there money in it?"
""

You can all probably figure out who's who in that dialog^
Quote by imgooley
I would have done what you did. Keeping someone else's cash, especially if you know who it is, is wrong.

But I don't see why anyone would be carrying 1400$ on a construction site unless they were illegal.

Well there you go. An illegal taking away a hard working American's money by taking his job. Surely he should expect it. Besides, there's an SRV Signature guitar with my name on it.
take a couple hundred for your trouble and see if he notices lol.

But who carries that much cash around? he probably spent it on drugs. Nice job. The man's girlfriend is probably sitting at home at 2 am crying and wondering where he is.

I'll tell you where he is:
He's ****ing high on meth, speeding down the free way, causing major car accidents which involve the death of a puppy and an old woman! The old woman was on the way to see her grandchildren to give them their brand new puppy (who was named Mr. Zippy btw) and now shes dead!!! SHES ****ING DEAD!!!!

Not only this, you've basically just given $1400 to a drug dealer!

So yea, i would have kept the money...
Quote by Joshanders86
I really didn't expect a pat on the back or a reward it just kinda crossed my mind as I was looking for him. Considering im in a tight right now with bills and money though it would have been nice lol

Don't get me wrong, rewards are nice, but I quite like being a decent human being at the end of it all. If only more people were honest and good natured, eh?
you did the right thing. but he a prick for not thanking you for returnin that large amount money. you could have bought a new guitar
You did the right thing but you shouldn't expect to get rewarded for doing the right thing, is kind of dishonest.
survival of the fittest.

would've kept the cash.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Quote by guitarnoobie
An illegal taking away a hard working American's money by taking his job.

dere takin our jerrrrbs!
hahaha

it must have took you hours to locate one mexican on a CONSTRUCTION SITE....lol
Quote by Schism1985
take a couple hundred for your trouble and see if he notices lol.

But who carries that much cash around? he probably spent it on drugs. Nice job. The man's girlfriend is probably sitting at home at 2 am crying and wondering where he is.

I'll tell you where he is:
He's ****ing high on meth, speeding down the free way, causing major car accidents which involve the death of a puppy and an old woman! The old woman was on the way to see her grandchildren to give them their brand new puppy (who was named Mr. Zippy btw) and now shes dead!!! SHES ****ING DEAD!!!!

Not only this, you've basically just given $1400 to a drug dealer!

So yea, i would have kept the money...

your an asshole the mexican was a hard-working.. law-abiding citizen of the united states. but you still shoulda kept a little bit of it, 'tis the right thing.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
You did the right thing, although its kind of a dick thing that he didnt give you a reward, and actually counted the money as if he assumed you took some.

Maybe you could've put some drugs in the wallet, and then called the cops on him.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)

I woulda kept it!! But good for you anyways you probley did the right thing!! & Karma will repay you for it, unless that is Karma happens to be the name of the Mexican! lol
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Why is the fact that he's Mexican relevant?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by RabbidWolf
I would've slipped a hundred out, how do you misplace a wallet with 1400 in it? dumb mexican

**** you mother****er.

goddamn. im half mexican... you guys are bastards.

lets just go back to talking about them damn naggers.

(yes this whole post was a joke... other than me being half mexican.)
dw he'll get hit by a bus and u can take the wallet back.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by InvaderTSN
dere takin our jerrrrbs!

thats what i was thinking
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator