When I play my arpeggio sweeps or string skipping, and I hit the 7th or 12th fret, it makes a natural harmonic, meaning that it still sounds even when I lift off my finger to hit the next note on a different string. Is there any way I can fix this? It's annoying as hell, and I can't find a good thread that answers my question properly. Thanks.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard (tuned to Standard E)
Dean Razorback DB (tuned to Standard C)
Schecter OMEN-7 (tuned to 7-string Standard B)
Line 6 Spider II 212W
Digitech RP80
Mute the string with your hand. Or play with less distortion. Another possible solution is to only use your bridge that works pretty well with my Ibanez.
like neozeke said mute the string...just make sure u mute it on a non-harmonic fret
Could it be a case where your sweeps are not sufficiently clean? Ideally, when you sweep, you shouldn't be touching any fret or string you're not playing. Alternatively, mute your strings?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Aug 28, 2008,
I use the bridge pickup.
I release the note as soon as I play it, but when I release it, the natural harmonic still sounds.
I don't know exactly how I would mute it with my palm without changin the sound.
Gear:
Line 6 Spider II 212W
Digitech RP80
You have to drag your hand along so it's one string behind the string your playing.
Quote by neozeke
You have to drag your hand along so it's one string behind the string your playing.

That's gonna take some practice.
Thanks guys.
Gear:
Line 6 Spider II 212W
Digitech RP80