I understand Guitar Center is having some huge sale this Labor Day weekend?

Anyone going? I know they have some rare sales where the gear is actually marked down alot but without lookin that this "list" I don't know if it'll be worth it.

Gonna check it out if I have time anyways, I could certainly use a new pedal or two.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I work at Guitar Center.

Yes we are having a sale.

Yes **** will be marked down.

Yes you should go down because things WILL be cheaper. We dont know exactly what-they dont tell us till the day before. But it WILL be worth it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Last labor day, I got ten packs of Blue Steel's for 20 bucks, so I will be going this year.
At the other List sale this year I got my Duncan Convertible Combo for $100

I'll probably go again, see if I can't score something else cheap haha.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Have you seen the online list. What a joke....those prices are terrible. I buy this stuff there and at other places all the time for even lower than that. I have noticed that a lot of these music stores advertise they are having a sale but they just want to get bodies in the store and hope you will buy something because you brought some money or were waiting for what you thought was a sale.

If they really knew what musicians needed they would keep prices competitive on the accessories. We all know that strings and thngs should be available because they need changing and updating as well as an occasional big ticket item. I am no fan of ebay, as this Paypal nonsense is just forced on the users, but they have fair pricing esp. on some of the online stores, and for some reason, no tax. hmm. Oh well, don't get too LISTED< psingman
Quote by HyperBoy2519
I work at Guitar Center.

Rapist. Just kidding man, we all gotta eat! I'll pass, searching craigslist has drained my gas funds.
I went last night to check out an acoustic, the one I wanted was $40 off. Which was nice, but none of the sale prices were that great. Seems like a good chance to grab some strings or pedals though.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by HyperBoy2519
I work at Guitar Center.

Yes we are having a sale.

Yes **** will be marked down.

Yes you should go down because things WILL be cheaper. We dont know exactly what-they dont tell us till the day before. But it WILL be worth it.

1) There's a "list" online, is that the only stuff that's on sale?

2) Do the sale items vary greatly from store to store?

3) When is the least busy time to go in there over the next 3 days?

Thanks dude!

-J
I don't think the online list is the same as the in store one, When I was there last night I saw a lot more guitars marked down(they all had a labor day sale sign on them) Plus the acoustic I bought isn't on sale online.

I think the best time to go would be this afternoon, while most folks are in school or at work. If you can't manage that, an hour before closing things really die down at the on near me, there is almost no one in the store.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by thefrigginbob
I don't think the online list is the same as the in store one, When I was there last night I saw a lot more guitars marked down(they all had a labor day sale sign on them) Plus the acoustic I bought isn't on sale online.

I think the best time to go would be this afternoon, while most folks are in school or at work. If you can't manage that, an hour before closing things really die down at the on near me, there is almost no one in the store.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm at work as well. I have to do something to fund potentially buying an AC30CC2 and/or HSS strat tonight...

Maybe I'll cruise over after dinner while all the little spaz kids are out.

-J
I've bought something at this sale three years in a row. Two years ago I bought a Fender 12-string acoustic for a grand total of $90 (including a setup), last year I picked up a Peavey Classic 50 for $500, and just this morning I bought an Epiphone Valve Junior head/cab for $200. This years prices didn't seem too great, but hey, I'll take a small discount over no discount at all.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
im going to go today to check it out. ive got like 200 to spend so we'll see what i walk out with.

jeez i go every friday lol.
Quote by BrainDamage
This years prices didn't seem too great, but hey, I'll take a small discount over no discount at all.

My thinking is that they have good prices to begin with, so if there's any discount then it's a good deal, right?

-J
Quote by psingman
I have noticed that a lot of these music stores advertise they are having a sale but they just want to get bodies in the store and hope you will buy something because you brought some money or were waiting for what you thought was a sale.< psingman

Marketing 101. Some stores actually mark-up just to mark-down to make a sale. <shaking head> I'd hate to be a teen talking to these guys (GC), they are as bad as a car salesman sometimes.

Chris
Just came back and got to check out the list as well. I'll be honest there were some decent deals.

I grabbed a guitar stand for $5.

Took a look at the list as well and though the mark downs weren't much on most of the items a good number of the gear was on sale. Chance are if you needed something you could get a small discount at the least.

I already have a Monsterpiece Fuzz but I might just go back for the Hendrix fuzz which was marked down to $100 in my GC.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

That **** was a joke.

They didn't have any strings over 10's for sale.
^ I guess the sales differ from store to store?

There wasn't much but I found 3 or 4 really good offers.

the online list isnt the same as the stores. The online list is going to have a lot of stuff that the stores wont have, so its really up to the managers. For example, to clear it up, say the online list shows some unbelievable price reduction on a white/gold Gibson LP, and your local guitar center doesnt even carry a white Gibson, ...see? so the list is just a ball park idea for the most common things. u should get to GC on the day of the sale to check out 'their' list.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by zeppelinpage4
^ I guess the sales differ from store to store?

There wasn't much but I found 3 or 4 really good offers.

They do vary from store to store, but they didn't even have my string brand in stock.

I ended up paying full price for 4 sets of strings. 35 bucks for a set of D'addrio flatwounds, a set of D'addrio 12's, and two sets of DR nickel wound 11's.
good god man!, $35 for 4 sets of strings!?!?

i can usually get 2 packs of D'Adderios for like $10
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by imgooley
They do vary from store to store, but they didn't even have my string brand in stock.

I ended up paying full price for 4 sets of strings. 35 bucks for a set of D'addrio flatwounds, a set of D'addrio 12's, and two sets of DR nickel wound 11's.

Oh man, that's ridiculous. Hope you get better prices on the next sale.

Luckily whenever GC doesn't work out, I can go back to the local shop. Actually I always go to that one, GC is only there so I can try gear and buy stuff during a big sale.

I paid full price for the Decimator and Cable I bought today. What a load.

My drummer friend did get like 90 buck off a new double bass and 50 off a china. Lucky Prick.
Sig What?
Quote by bjovi400
good god man!, $35 for 4 sets of strings!?!?

i can usually get 2 packs of D'Adderios for like $10

The only strings they had on sale were lights, and I use 11's or higher.

The flatwounds were 10 bucks, but I expected that. I usually get blue steel mediums, but even those are 8 bucks normally.

Last year, I got blue steels at two bucks a piece, so I thought it would have been a good sale. It wasn't.
i too was disapointed. i went last night, and the only thing that they really had were strings (which i was in no need of) and open box cables. big letdown from last year
NOPE
Does the sale end tonight at midnight or will it go on all day tomorrow, too?
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I would go down to Guitar Center to get something, but there isn't anything I need that's on the List. I guess I'll just wait until Guitar Center has another sale.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
at my local they had the les paul faded 100 dollars off so it was 700. good deal but i didnt need one.
Last year they had good deals on strings and accessories, and that was when i got my g400 for a pretty good price. Just depends what the store has as floor models as for the big savings.