The title sorta explains it, i really dont know any good guitar shops in ontario before now i havnt really needed more than my local guitar shop but im getting a new guitar soon and was wondering if there was a guitar center or any other good guitar shops around
i do not believe so. where is markdale? if its close to london i could give you some store names
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
i think its in the gta bra
and if i'm not mistaken there's a steve's music store in toronto which is the best in canada. i went to one in montreal and it was dope.
Last edited by tona_107 at Aug 28, 2008,
canada gets milk in bags you know...

sorry someone had to do it...anyways i dont think they have GC but couldnt you google like "guitar center canada" to check?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Not in London, that's for sure.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
just go to long and mcquade, I've heard they're pretty good. for strings and picks, I usually just go to this small music store nearby, it's just like 2 guys that work there and they have good prices, and for guitars I buy them off craigslist, as used is the best deal out there ($50 yamaha tele w00t)
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Mom and pop music stores are the best, anyways (if mom and pop played electric guitars).. I love my local shop, it kicks ass, no douches. Plus a ****ing EXPENSIVE recording studio. Brand new all top-of-the-line ****.. It's crazy.
Quote by piratemetalhead
Long and McQuade and Tom Lee.

These are all I have ever seen in Canada. When I travelled to Washington for a little bit I saw a Guitar Center though, seemed about the same size and such as a Long and McQuade/Tom Lee.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
**** Canadia!
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by piratemetalhead
Long and McQuade and Tom Lee.

Those are the only two guitar/music stores I go to.

Now fellow Canadians, are there any better? I really need suggestions.
Quote by Blackholesun00
Those are the only two guitar/music stores I go to.

Now fellow Canadians, are there any better? I really need suggestions.

check here: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/msg/
I've bought a guitar + amp, another guitar, a DS-1, and a guitar case on my local craigslist. pretty good place to buy gear, just do local pickups only and pay cash only (common sense really).
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by burgurhead1812
canada gets milk in bags you know...

I have lived in Canada all my life. Not once have i seen milk in a bag. Is it just an Ontario/Quebec thing?
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
Quote by TheEducatedFool
I have lived in Canada all my life. Not once have i seen milk in a bag. Is it just an Ontario/Quebec thing?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just an Eastern type of thing because I've never seen one either.
Quote by Steven E
its near owen sound, but i go to the city every few weeks

I'm in Owen Sound, and there isn't any really good music stores here. I goto Fromager's Music for what I need here... but when I make a big purchase, there's a Long and Mcquade I like to goto, I think it's in Brampton, or that general area.

EDIT: I thought milk in a bag was a normal thing?!
There's not any (or many) that I know of.

But personally, from what I've heard about GC, its main purpose,
is to sell you a line 6 spider, and a good ole' 200 dollar BC Rich.

I'd rather go somewhere else kthx?
Quote by TheEducatedFool

what else would one buy milk in? cartons? lowly non-ontarions.
Quote by tona_107
what else would one buy milk in? cartons? lowly non-ontarions.

I've seen it in cartons, but I always thought that bagged milk was the only way to have milk...

Now I just feel stupid.
i went to canada and saw milk in bags in ontario.

in australia we have it in plastic bottles, or cartons.

anyway, get back on topic!
from daylight...
...into darkness
When I was in Michigan they had the plastic 1 gallon jugs. I hated having to go get a new one everyday, since our fridge was small and could only fit 1 with other stuff in it. Plastic bags are way better, you can fit a million of them in your fridge!
There are no Guitar Centers in Canada. Sorry. There might be one secretly hidden somewhere in Toronto, but anywhere else is a no.

All we got is... Guitarworks and Long & McQuade.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Whenever I see milk in cartons im like wtf?

edit: but yeah long and mcquade is the equivalent of guitar center i suppose(never been to a gc)