View poll results: ¿Have you ever busk?
YES
19 25%
NO
56 75%
Voters: 75.
Page 1 of 2
I dont know if its called that way.

¿Have you ever shown your skills on the street and collect tips while doing it?
I wouldn't mind trying. Seems like good money as well, I can't imagine getting less then $20 an hour.

Perhaps when I'm a better player.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
no, but i always wanted to. i just can't pluck up the courage to busk and only get like 20 bucks.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

doesn't have to be instrumental so long as you can play and sing you should be fine. i reckon about 12-14 songs, just repeat material most people won't hang around and listen to all of your songs and won't walk past you while your playing a song they already heard (chances are pretty small in a reasonably populated area).
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

There's a fellow in Sydney who busks with his electric guitar and he hooks it up to a portable amplifier.

He isn't very good though, but he's there quite often, strumming usually the same out of tune chords and looking at people.
i remember seeing a video on youtube of a 13 year old kid who is busking after school to buy a PRS custon 24, he was pretty damn good to he made like 70 bucks an hour apparently.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

I have done it two times. Once when I was drunk and was dared to do it, and once when I was in town and didn't want to pay for lunch. During the former, It was too late to get a really good "audience" going, but I still made about 5 bucks in 15 minutes(ish). The second time, I made around 20 bucks in a little over an hour. It was on a really busy corner and I was the only busker around for a while.

If you want to do it, hang around outside coffee shops, fucking gold mine
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by aradine
i remember seeing a video on youtube of a 13 year old kid who is busking after school to buy a PRS custon 24, he was pretty damn good to he made like 70 bucks an hour apparently.

The kid already had a PRS and he made 70 POUNDS an hour, damn rich kid...
I haven't, but I will with my band.

Some kid I know who is absolutely crap at guitar, made over $200 a day.
Once i did sorta, basically my music teacher left early leaving me outside the closed music store.
I got $1.10, felt good about that...
I played with a friend one time. We made 15 euros in an hour, not bad. That was 2 cool, free beers in the sun a piece.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by XianXiuHong
There's a fellow in Sydney who busks with his electric guitar and he hooks it up to a portable amplifier.
A setup like Billy Bragg used to use would be just the job...

Yeah I busked before. I was on my way home from a massive night out and got harangued outside a night club "Oi mate! Can you play The Kinks?".

10 minutes later half the street was singing Waterloo Sunset. I got 5quid and some free chips. That's a result.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by juan Andrés
¿Have you ever shown your skills on the street and collect tips while doing it?
Yes and No...

I was once walking through my town with a ripped up flannel on and my guitar on my back. For all intensive purposes, I looked like a bum.

Some suit walks by me and hands me $5, told me to get something to eat.

Does that count?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by roshjosh
For a busking session, how many songs would one need to have mastered?

two, three

its not like people is watching a concert.
Quote by jm1681
Yes and No...

I was once walking through my town with a ripped up flannel on and my guitar on my back. For all intensive purposes, I looked like a bum.

Some suit walks by me and hands me $5, told me to get something to eat.

Does that count?

¿Did you play him a song?
Quote by juan Andrés
¿Did you play him a song?
Guitar never came out of the case.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by roshjosh
It seems as though the term "Busk" is spanish slang for prostitution...

But no I've never been busking, I've always wanted to though.

... So wrong.
No, but I saw a video where some kid bought a really nice PRS by busking and kept at it for a Marshall tube stack. He was like 12 and made 70 Euros an hour or so.
Quote by Kurapica
Yeah I busked before. I was on my way home from a massive night out and got harangued outside a night club "Oi mate! Can you play The Kinks?".

10 minutes later half the street was singing Waterloo Sunset. I got 5quid and some free chips. That's a result.

Edit: No I haven't, but I can't imagine it being hard to get some money... I used to bum around town asking random folks for "bus money"

My main concern would be someone messing with you or stealing your stuff depending on the area.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Last edited by thefrigginbob at Aug 28, 2008,
well if im walking around and i see an emo fag being gay with some gay emo song i will plug in my RR24 into my microcube and play some heavy ****ing metal until he cries, stops or goes away
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Yes, but you don't "show off" when you busk, or the cops come and tell you to shutup. You play songs, something UG doesn't like to do.

Quote by mrbungle50221
well if im walking around and i see an emo fag being gay with some gay emo song i will plug in my RR24 into my microcube and play some heavy ****ing metal until he cries, stops or goes away

Like this asshole.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Aug 28, 2008,
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Yes, but you don't "show off" when you busk, or the cops come and tell you to shutup. You play songs, something UG doesn't like to do.

when the cops come i tell them to piss off and to go catch some burglars.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
when the cops come i tell them to piss off and to go catch some burglars.

I'm sure you do.
Dickless.
most places you definately need a permit. ^

show off or not. if you have a cup out, the cops will need to see one.

on the good side, it's easy to get permits, and you can feel confident to play as show-offy as you would like afterwards.

this and your other comment make you sound like you have no real life experience.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
most places you definately need a permit. ^

show off or not. if you have a cup out, the cops will need to see one.

on the good side, it's easy to get permits, and you can feel confident to play as show-offy as you would like afterwards.

Not really, I've tested it, if you play music that's not bugging anybody and you're not too loud, cops won't care. I carry around an acoustic alot and play folk tunes and the cops don't mind, but there's this dickhead who goes around playing metal through a microcube and I think he's banned from hanging out outside CVS now.
Dickless.
^personally, i would never bother a musician. but in a lot of towns, the business owners don't want someone at their store front.

i don;t know why.

and then in busy busking places like boardwalks or music towns, the competition for corners is large, so then again u'd need a permit to stay. or the other musicians will shove you off.

i think that you get to stay is a testiment to your good taste.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
^personally, i would never bother a musician. but in a lot of towns, the business owners don't want someone at their store front.

i don;t know why.

and then in busy busking places like boardwalks or music towns, the competition for corners is large, so then again u'd need a permit to stay. or the other musicians will shove you off.

i think that you get to stay is a testiment to your good taste.

The business owners only hate it if it's something that would turn away customers I think, but they absolutely love it when I play stuff like Mischief Brew in Bright Eyes because people come listen for a little while, then go in and buy a drink while they're there. I've never tried in the city or beach or anything like that, so I can't address it.
Dickless.
I've only panhandled, when I was super poor and i needed bus fare, i panhandled, I managed to get like 50 bucks in a span of an hour, and i seriously considered being a bum and panhandling more often after seeing so much money for doing nothing.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
well i gues things are different here in England cos you can tell a cop to go catch some burglars we dont get these wannabe hardcore cops that you have in the states,

and the emo kid thing is a prank, not a serious thing.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
^yeah, i'm sure that cops in England love it when you tell them to shove off.

sounds like here in the US we have "wannabe hardcore" cops, and in England you have wannabe hardcore kids.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

No, id like to some day though, nice way to get some money
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
no you are just allowed to voice you oppinions here, its the general view of most people here that police should stop hanging around looking for speeding motorists etc and go catch some real criminals, and most of the police agree with you they are just forced to do the stupid stuff.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Quote by mrbungle50221
no you are just allowed to voice you oppinions here, its the general view of most people here that police should stop hanging around looking for speeding motorists etc and go catch some real criminals, and most of the police agree with you they are just forced to do the stupid stuff.

Just go away, we know you're bull****ting to look cool.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Just go away, we know you're bull****ting to look cool.

im not its true, the police here are sick of doing paperwork and having to hang around motorways to catch people speeding etc instead of catching real criminals.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Page 1 of 2