Yeah, today my Maths teacher told me that all the teachers at school had been taught how to view students'private MySpace, Bebo, etc, profiles.

Firstly, I thought this was impossible, right? And even if they can do it, how is it any of their business?

We're not allowed to put photos of us in school uniform on the internet. If they go on our private profile, and see a pic of us in uniform, can we get into trouble?

Because it doesn't seem right, and it doesn't sound like it would be legal, either.
that could be possible, if you're teachers all have mad hack3r skillz Lol. who knows idk it doesnt seem right. or legal.
Quote by Abunai X
Yeah, today my Maths teacher told me that all the teachers at school had been taught how to view students'private MySpace, Bebo, etc, profiles.

Firstly, I thought this was impossible, right? And even if they can do it, how is it any of their business?

We're not allowed to put photos of us in school uniform on the internet. If they go on our private profile, and see a pic of us in uniform, can we get into trouble?

Because it doesn't seem right, and it doesn't sound like it would be legal, either.

Its as simple as copy/pasting a section of the url. Anyone with half a brain could figure it out.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Not legal, wont happen. If they're not private they can look though. The cool teachers told me they've seen my stuff, I've seen theirs also.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Thats bull****. Your myspace is in no way associated with the school. I mean its not on the same network or something. So if they can see your profiles then they can see anyone on myspace's, and I'm pretty sure they can't
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
it seems that if these people could do it, it would be common knowledge on how to overide the private profile
How to view private profiles of your students if you're a teacher.

What you will need:
Two fake myspace accounts, maybe more
Lots of time on your hands
Obsession

Take one Myspace account and set it up to display an attractive girl that claims to be a local. You don't want her to look like a model, but you want her to look good. Pictures are not hard to find on the internet.

Take the other account and set it up with an attractive male that claims to be local. You may need one or two more of these since girls are less consistent with what they consider attractive.

Add everyone you possibly can in or around a locality. Then you can start trying to add and befriend your students with one of these false profiles. Let's hope you don't have any teachers like this.
Quote by captain Trips
it seems that if these people could do it, it would be common knowledge on how to overide the private profile

Maybe the teachers have signed some kind of document of secrecy and are part of some advanced hacking group with the cooperation of the governmet

My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
some school districts have it in their handbooks that by going to one of their schools they have the right to do that. or some other kind of bull**** loophole stuff. luckily for me i went to a school with a bunch of dumbass hicks whos brains were far inferior to be capable of even processing the idea of that kind of thing.
Quote by beyondthegrave
you can buy a program that lets you see private profiles. it was advertised on myspace once before.

Sounds like a scam.
Pfftt... Stupid teachers.. Anyway, there's no way this could be legal, unless they are getting the information from people typing their login details into a school computer, then there's probably some loophole that makes it legal.. Idk.. Sounds like bollocks to me.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Haha a counselor when i was in Jr high would look at kids' nexopia pages...so people would talk **** about em on their profiles.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Quote by Adrian Smith
How to view private profiles of your students if you're a teacher.

What you will need:
Two fake myspace accounts, maybe more
Lots of time on your hands
Obsession

Take one Myspace account and set it up to display an attractive girl that claims to be a local. You don't want her to look like a model, but you want her to look good. Pictures are not hard to find on the internet.

Take the other account and set it up with an attractive male that claims to be local. You may need one or two more of these since girls are less consistent with what they consider attractive.

Add everyone you possibly can in or around a locality. Then you can start trying to add and befriend your students with one of these false profiles. Let's hope you don't have any teachers like this.

Or you could just google view private profile and follow the 3 or so steps it takes to copy paste a piece of their url into some code to view their profile.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Well, the guy who taught them was a cop who'd spent 15 years pretending to be a young girl so they could bust pedophiles and stuff.

Also, people lose their jobs because their bosses go on their profiles and see negative stuff written about them, lol. So maybe there is no such thing as privacy anymore.

Oh, I feel all angry now!
I hear colleges and business owners do this, so I'm not too surprised.

Nevertheless, I always felt that what you do out of school shouldn't have anything to do with your school life. I mean, you know, unless they killed someone or did some sort of illegal activity
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
these online communites are really just the beginning of a whole new era of ways to categorize, control, and monitor people
A common privacy mistake people make is posting their instant messenger name on certain sites. Even leaving it in a comment can be a mistake. That allows anyone with your screen name to search and find whatever that site is. If you want privacy, it's also a mistake to make your screen name at a certain site the same as your messenger screen name.
its none of their bussiness and you need to mention this bill that was signed by bill clintion in 1995 code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act
its the loophole you can pull.
my friends pulled it at school after there was a photo of them smoking pot and the school went all crazy on their ass. lets just say the school needed more funding last year.

god dammit, its not that one........
its a differnt one i cant find :\ but its out there.....
Last edited by convictionless at Aug 28, 2008,
Quote by convictionless
its none of their bussiness and you need to mention this bill that was signed by bill clintion in 1995 code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act
its the loophole you can pull.
my friends pulled it at school after there was a photo of them smoking pot and the school went all crazy on their ass. lets just say the school needed more funding last year.

god dammit, its not that one........
its a differnt one i cant find :\ but its out there.....

dude could you PLEASE find that ****? or get your friend to? that would be pretty nifty.
Quote by recklessnick
i googled hardcore about two years back hoping to find some wanking action but instead, i found comeback kid and i couldnt tell the difference

Quote by Saffron_Inferno
u have been molested...congrats.

Marshall MG30DFX
Standard Telecaster
'72 Deluxe Telecaster
Quote by elekguit
If they're not private they can look though. The cool teachers told me they've seen my stuff, I've seen theirs also.

Am I the only one immature enough to lol at that?
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Quote by sk8_punk_Trev
dude could you PLEASE find that ****? or get your friend to? that would be pretty nifty.

lol, thanks, mate, and good luck finding it.

But I live in Australia, haha.
actually guys, hate to say it, but they can take legal action if the campus is a private campus, my brother told me about this, basically, there are the rights of photographers, and they can get busted for taking pictures and whatever in a private area, if the school claims is a private area (which they will) then they can take legal action against anyone who posts pictures of it.

although it is really messed up