Page 1 of 2
anyone else think that most people that like rap are not tolerant at all of other peoples music taste? I mean I actually like rap alot but not until about 5 years ago and long after I started playing guitar and was into rock. I mean most people say you know IMHO I don't really care for rap, but people that listen to hip hop will say ohh get that hillbilly guitar crap outta hea or oh your prob some cracka that listens to heavy metal if you comment on some youtube video about lil wayne being garbage. IDk, what do you think? Maybe it's more of a generational thing then musical taste idk
Oh yea I also noticed that most people I know that have musical talent with maybe an exception to drummers dont really like hip hop. thoughts?

Didn't read anything you said after I saw 'rap' and 'intolerant'. If you want to know what the pit thinks, just search and you'll find a good 20 or so threads...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Agreed, but there are always exceptions.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
...Yo VIP let's kick it

Ice ice baby
Ice ice baby
All right stop collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle!!!
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
you know I searched and im sure theres some rap sucks appreciation thread but i couldnt really find anything. are there really threads about how people who like rap only seem to like rap
why are you watching lil wayne videos on youtube if you don't like him?
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by grampastumpy
Every genre has its elitist. Metal's another huge one. Though yeah, I will concede rap has quite a few.

with rap it seems more of ignorance and being uncultured then elitist.
Quote by clay pots
why are you watching lil wayne videos on youtube if you don't like him?

if you read my post youd notice i said i like rap alot and i also happen to like wayne

dont you notice that tho that people are always arguing about him
Quote by Doppelgänger
I dunno. I've seen a lot of people around here who are just as ignorant as those "rap" folk.

But on here you can't tell if people are joking. We're talking about in person. I personally have witnessed alot of that kind of BS, and I've been physically and emotionally harassed cause of the music I listen to.

It's friggen outta control!
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by isuckhardcore
But on here you can't tell if people are joking. We're talking about in person. I personally have witnessed alot of that kind of BS, and I've been physically and emotionally harassed cause of the music I listen to.

It's friggen outta control!

Rape, your only solution buddy.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
Rape, your only solution buddy.

The very ironic thing about that is rape is VERY common in my dormitory. Not only have I raped, but been raped.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by elekguit
...Yo VIP let's kick it

Ice ice baby
Ice ice baby
All right stop collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle!!!

Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it you better gain weight
You better hit bull's eye the kid don't play
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Anyways, rap can be good. Get out.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
this is more based on pop music then hip hop, however they are now more one in the same, but I feel that people just like listening to that top 40 sh1t on the radio because they hear it all the time and are comfortable with it and it has a regularity to it. Maybe to young highschool kids classic rock is much more foreign and provoking and they are not comfortable with it or dont want to be different or have different tastes. Ya im not saying anything new here
Music fans are music fans, period. People who attach a stigma to a genre/type of music are more interested in the image associated with the music they listen to, as opposed to the overall aesthetics of the music itself.

BTW, as The Teacher, KRS-One said, Rap is what you do, the music is called Hip Hop. Get it straight.

Ignorance is ignorance, regardless of where it comes from.
Eeeerrm, you mean rap FANS are intolerant, right? But anyways, rap fans are no different then fans of any other genre. There's smart ones, stupid ones, and pretentious, elitist ones.

Kinda off-topic, but any rap fan should give Canibus a try.
Quote by piratemetalhead
Eeeerrm, you mean rap FANS are intolerant, right? But anyways, rap fans are no different then fans of any other genre. There's smart ones, stupid ones, and pretentious, elitist ones.

Kinda off-topic, but any rap fan should give Canibus a try.

I've seen lots of rap fans smoke cannabis thinking they're cool doing it.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by isuckhardcore
I've seen lots of rap fans smoke cannabis thinking they're cool doing it.

lol he means the rapper
Quote by captain Trips
lol he means the rapper

-_-

Thanks for making me feel stewpid.

I just thought it was spelled incorrectly!
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by piratemetalhead
Hahaha, sorry, I should've made it clearer. I meant this guy: http://www.myspace.com/canibus , not the magical herb.

Ah right, I was going to go on a rant about something that just slipped my mind unfortunately -_-.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

i come to find that mostly white people think lil wayne is the best rapper alive XD
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by theocao
i come to find that mostly white people think lil wayne is the best rapper alive XD

lol right

"im the best rappa alive, the best rappa alive,
who?
the best rappa alive!"

people believe whatever they hear these days huh lol
well i really hate rap...i think its so gay and i mean at the end of the day,who gives a dam wat the rappers or rap fans say?theyll still be gay lol
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
The music that is portrayed as hip hop these days isn't even hip hop. There is no flow, no lyrical prowess, no creativity. It's extremely stagnant.

Lil' Wayne is the hip hop equivalent of Poison or Kenny G.
Ok, this is the answer to your quesition, I just hope this is not burried after too many posts for everyone to read.

Being 'ignorant' or 'intolerant' is not a "Rap thing"

nor is it a "Metal thing"

nor is it an "American thing"

nor is it congrigated in any sector you can dream up. People of every character type are evenly dispersed throughout every race, religion, culture, sub-genre and click that you can think of.

For every rap fan that wont give any other type of music a chance, there is a rock fan who wont give any other music a chance, and for every one of those people, there is another ignorant person who is unwilling to accept other possibilities hidding somewhere.

So if you get what I am saying, and with all due respect, saying that one particular group is more ignorant/intolerant than another, is in itself, ignorant.
Quote by Castlebravo
Many metalheads are just as elitist as rap fans if not more.

disagreed. i know some metalheads that even listen to rap (not 50 cent stuff i mean underground **** ive never heard of)
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by captain Trips
with rap it seems more of ignorance and being uncultured then elitist.

The same could be said about metal fans.
People who dedicate themselves to one genre of music and identify with it tend to have a close-minded view of other types of music.
Quote by Cyberbob
The same could be said about metal fans.

yea well at least they listen to music with real instruments
Quote by bigtee212
Ok, this is the answer to your quesition, I just hope this is not burried after too many posts for everyone to read.

Being 'ignorant' or 'intolerant' is not a "Rap thing"

nor is it a "Metal thing"

nor is it an "American thing"

nor is it congrigated in any sector you can dream up. People of every character type are evenly dispersed throughout every race, religion, culture, sub-genre and click that you can think of.

For every rap fan that wont give any other type of music a chance, there is a rock fan who wont give any other music a chance, and for every one of those people, there is another ignorant person who is unwilling to accept other possibilities hidding somewhere.

So if you get what I am saying, and with all due respect, saying that one particular group is more ignorant/intolerant than another, is in itself, ignorant.

well put
Quote by captain Trips
yea well at least they listen to music with real instruments

So electronica is all rubbish then?
Also, I would consider the voice a 'real' instument. Many of the best rappers have fantastic voices.
Quote by imgooley
The music that is portrayed as hip hop these days isn't even hip hop. There is no flow, no lyrical prowess, no creativity. It's extremely stagnant.

Lil' Wayne is the hip hop equivalent of Poison or Kenny G.

Wrong. I am as big of guitar fan as you may find, but I appreciate rap very much, and Lil Wayne, if you listen to his songs that is, is one of the most creative and inovative rappers I have ever listened to. He has given new life to the otherwise stagnant section of maintstream rap.

Im sure you believe what you are saying, but your sample size is way to small for it to be correct.
Page 1 of 2