I was wondering (and hoping this is the right forum) what kind of effects/amps David Gilmour used in Another Brick in the Wall Pt 2. Most specifically the solo.

Thanks in advance!
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
well, you've just picked the most difficult gilmour song (tonewise). He recorded it with a les paul with p90's straight into the mixing board (no amp or effects whatsoever). But than he didn't like the sound of it so he fed the recorded signal through some rack units and an amp and recorded it again. There's no way you can imitate his sound this way. You can do it with compression, a warm and a bit crunchy overdrive and a VERY subtle flanger. There's no delay on the album version.
check: www.gilmourish.com --> everything you want to know about David Gilmour's tone and gear.
Quote by Donka
well, you've just picked the most difficult gilmour song (tonewise). He recorded it with a les paul with p90's straight into the mixing board (no amp or effects whatsoever). But than he didn't like the sound of it so he fed the recorded signal through some rack units and an amp and recorded it again. There's no way you can imitate his sound this way. You can do it with compression, a warm and a bit crunchy overdrive and a VERY subtle flanger. There's no delay on the album version.
check: www.gilmourish.com --> everything you want to know about David Gilmour's tone and gear.

I was looking at that site, but I found no specifics on that song.

Anywho, thanks for the (I suppose) relatively speedy response! One thing I have noticed is the tone David Gilmour gets is very unique, which is why I love it so much.

ANYWHO!

I'll fiddle around with the effects you mentioned. And again, thanks for the help!
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
just a little advice: the biggest part of Gilmour's tone comes from his (big fat) fingers. Having a good vibrato and accurate bends is crucial.
Guitar World did a big feature on this Last year(?) It said he used his famous Black Strat with very light warm overdrive through a '72 MXR Phase 90 into a either a fender or Selmer Combo amp (I cant remember which)
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
basically a p-90 equipped les paul, with the neck pickup on, di'ed then like whoever said above routed into some other amps, some heavy compression, and I believe on EVERYTHING on the Wall David's got the EHX Electric Mistress going, but in like the lowest possible settings.