I like Jackson V's, a lot.

But people say they are impossible to sit and play with due to the shape (cant rest on a leg).

Whats the general concensus on this?
Jesus I dont know how many times i've seen this asked. People go into stores and try V's out for 5 minutes and decide that they're just IMPOSSIBLE to play sitting down.

Honestly, if you really like them, go ahead and get one. It'll take you a day, maybe 2, to get used to playing in a different position (With your leg between the wings). After that its completely natural.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
I play them In "classical" position just like i did with my forest, so to me its no different.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
i think they look ****.
sorry.
"Rape is no laughing matter... Unless your raping a clown" t-shirt hell
I played mostly a Fender strat and Gibson LP for my first 11 years of playing and found a KV awkward at first to play sitting down, but ultimately prefer playing at that angle now. With my WR1, I generally opt to play it the same way. I actually sold my Gibson LP Classic a year after getting the KV to buy the WR1--clearly I'm happy with Jackson.
FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN!!! ONE FIN IN, ONE FIN OUT!!!!! If you do that, they're easy to play. Only idiots don't know how to play with a V sitting down, and therefore, are a nearly completely unreliable resource.
Quote by metaldud536
Yes. When the shield generator on Endor has been deactivated, Rogue Squadron is easily able to enter the Death Star II without repurcussions.

...And that's how menstruation works.
Flying V's seem like they were trying too hard to design a guitar that is rock and roll. idk. Now explorers.. there's where it's at.
Flying Vs are pretty hard to sit and play,but for Jackson's RR and King V,it's ok.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
there are alot harder guitars to sit down with.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

no its a 67 korina style at the mo i looking at, but the rr3 does take my fancy.

why is the rr easier to play than a standard v? im guessing the fin shape difference?
Yeah it would be a high strap when you stand up but if you have it resting on your knee in a classical position and just use the strap to hold the neck up.
I've heard of but yet to see an attachement that is sort of shaped to your knee that you can put on the guitar to keep it in place, kind of like a saddle.
Classical position between your legs. It proper Technique so you should be doing it anyway.
Sig What?
yeah put ur leg in the V, its not like playing a strat classically sinse there is a lot smaller gap between the bottom of the guitar and the bridge.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
I have a Dean ML and I can play it no problem sitting down, so same shoudl go with your jackson V
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
I really prefer playing any V or RR sitting down compared to any other shape. Its more like the classical position, and its actually more comfortable this way. It kind of locks in your leg and you've got the classical position, overall its win-win.

A Jackson King V was actually my first real guitar.. for at least a year. Its no problem to have as your only guitar at all.
they are awkward to play sitting down at first, but they are amazing stage guitars. When you wear them while standing up, and play they feel amazingly comfortable. They are definitely stage guitars.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by darth awsome
Classical position between your legs. It proper Technique so you should be doing it anyway.

it is, for classical music ;-P
Quote by JC13
That would have to be one insanely high guitar. And I understand a lot of people will say it doesn't matter how you look (Every prog fan I've ever encountered here) but that's only partially true. Non-musicians will care, and they're the majority. There's also nothing wrong with looking cool on stage.

dude i couldnt have said it better