Hey guys, I just joined. Anyway to the point, as you can see from the title, I am looking at a new guitar. I am not at the point where i am ready to buy, but i am looking to get it in the next 6 months or so. I am looking to spend about $1500 AUD, which equals to about 1300 USD or about 700 pounds. I play, blues and rock.

Thanks in advance.
high level epiphones or a gibson if you can afford it, also look into getting a fender strat.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

That sounds like you need a strat. An SSS strat would do what you want very well, but a HSS strat is probably more suited. I think you'd be able to get a used MIA strat for that much, but it'd probably be easier getting a MIM strat.
correct, although i don't like fenders HSS strats, it kinda ruins the signature strat sound everyone has come to love.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

thanks for all the replies. I was looking at a couple of epiphone les pauls and dots and also at the strat as well. any more ideas keep em coming please
Quote by aradine
correct, although i don't like fenders HSS strats, it kinda ruins the signature strat sound everyone has come to love.

That's why I suggested the SSS strat first up. Check out Kristofer Dahl's lessons here on UG and make a judgement. I don't know if he's modded the pups, but he gets killer rock/metal tone with the bridge pickup.
Quote by aradine

I have a HSS strat and a regular SSS and I think the humbuckers still got a pretty nice warm tone
Quote by dispreferred
MIM Strat, throw in some new pups. I can't stress how good this is for the money.

I have one and i was thinking about upgrading to an american SSS, but then realized this may be a good idea instead