and one of the bands playing there had a 5-necked guitar. it was ****ing sick.

they also had a guitar that was basically a human body with the legs being the two necks and a guitar which had a square body and some sick les pauls.

discuss
Ummm cool? Five necks seems kinda pointless and the body isn't cool unless they pull a tenacious d and lick the guitar's vajayjay
Just remember, at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box
Quote by roosoh13
Ummm cool? Five necks seems kinda pointless and the body isn't cool unless they pull a tenacious d and lick the guitar's vajayjay

it was like a 5 neck SG so it was this huge body with like these teeny devil horns at the ends.
Quote by Josh Shiells
A 5-neck SG?

Hell, why not trade it in for a helicopter ejector seat?

yeah i fail to see the purpose of such a guitar too and the funny part was, he only ever played 2 necks the whole time he had it out.
Man there are pricks all over these boards. 5 necks eh? ****in crazy. Who was playing it?
I cannot think of one damn thing to put here.
Check out Cheap Trick:

and my personal favorite:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Yeah I saw Cheap Trick the other night too. He played the 5 neck. He was alright. I like Journey's guitarists LP with a floyd better.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
a shop by me allegedly had a 6 neck guitar, but i never saw it. they have loads of double-necks in there though.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I think even double neck guitars look like cheap penis extension kits, but at least they have a purpose. 5 neck guitars are rediculous because I don't think you could ever justify using all of them in one song.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
5 neck guitars are rediculous because I don't think you could ever justify using all of them in one song.

Actually, Rick does (or used to) use all 5 necks during one song. Yeah, it's a gimmick, but so is Cheap Trick

I saw them last month in West Palm. Both Rick and Robin seemed to switch guitars every song!

The 'human body' guitar is 'Uncle Dick'... custom made by Hamer (so is his 5-necked monstrosity, btw):

i don't see the point of the cheap trick one, theyr all 6 string except one. ( maybe for diff tunings but could u honestly use 4 diff ones in a song? )
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Quote by ac/dc752
i don't see the point of the cheap trick one, theyr all 6 string except one. ( maybe for diff tunings but could u honestly use 4 diff ones in a song? )

They have a song with 4 key changes... pretty popular one at that.

Like I said, it's more of a gimmick than anything. When I saw them last month, he used 'Uncle Dick' on that particular song. He broke out the 5-neck for their encore (can't remember which tune), but only played on a couple of the necks, as I recall.
Quote by sinofian
They have a song with 4 key changes... pretty popular one at that.

Like I said, it's more of a gimmick than anything. When I saw them last month, he used 'Uncle Dick' on that particular song. He broke out the 5-neck for their encore (can't remember which tune), but only played on a couple of the necks, as I recall.

Cheap Trick got an encore? Wow
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Every band gets an encore...it's part of the setlist these days.

haha. Yeah CT did come out for an encore but there wasn't like a lot of applause. They kind of just left the stage. A small group of people were clapping. 30 seconds later they come out all stoked a sh*t like we wanted them back out. haha they put on a good show though.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
did you go to the show with cheap trick and journey?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by ac/dc752

But one is fretless, one has a floyd rose i think, different pups possibly, and maybe different tunings too.
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
Without music life would be a mistake.
Quote by shredmeiser101
did you go to the show with cheap trick and journey?

if you're talking to me yes. and heart
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
^I see you're from NY...did you see them at the Fair? I heard it was a great show.
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
Without music life would be a mistake.
man your lucky by having this thread so long. usually some jerk comes and accuses u of making a pointless thing so they get it blocked. kudos for having a non question thread without it getting locked up!
What's the point of a fretless guitar? It seems noobish but I can't understand whats so different,except the frets not existing.
meh
Quote by Stolen Identity
^I see you're from NY...did you see them at the Fair? I heard it was a great show.

Nope. SPAC. Incredible show. Freakin' amazing.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Josh Shiells
A 5-neck SG?

Hell, why not trade it in for a helicopter ejector seat?

Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.