my brother is looking for a bass so he can be in a band, now i play guitar but i started off with a pretty cheap one incase i couldnt hack it sorta thing but hes lookin at ibanezs and les pauls, previously he played piano for a year but gave up and incase he does the same with bass could somebody recomend a cheap bass so it dont matter if he gives up.
look into the faq

and before you ask, no, you cant use a guitar amp for bass
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
get an ibanez gsr200 for the bass and an acoustic b50 for the amp
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
Ibanez basses are great value for the money. I have never been a big fan of Les Paul basses (I am gathering he is looking at the Epiphone models).

My advice as always is have your bro check out the FAQ, and then set a budget. Go down to the store with some possibilities in mind and then try every bass and amp in his price range. Its a fun way to spend an hour or two and he's bound to come out of the store with a choice that will work for him.
look at faq or at my sig, preferably both.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
look at the FAQ, then by a Peavey Milestone lmao
in all serousness though,I got mine new for like £100, and Ive played bases worth twice a much that aint been as nice, but thats just my opinion.
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I began two month ago with an Ibanez GSR 200 and a Fender combo 25W and it's OK
if your bro is looking at les paul, DO NOT get epiphone ones!!! check out the ESP LTD les pauls, they actually play and sound nice.