Hello guys.

im definitely gunna buy a new amp. i want it to be heard over a drummer, and i dont want to have to upgrade in the near future.

i mainly play nu metal/ hard rock (SOAD, Disturbed, anything like that) and i want a great sort of tone for that style.

my budget is around the $1000 mark, it can be a little higher (but not much)

remember i am in perth, australia, so gear is a little more limited compared to U.S and U.K.

so please tell me what amp you would reccomend, and ALSO a great effects pedal to go with it.

also, used gear from the internet, or new from the store?

thanks.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
try the bugera range, heard good things about them. Havent tried one yet, im going to next week. The combos are around the $1000 dollar mark, The 6260/333xl amps seem the best choice for you.
yer, they arent available in australia =(
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Whether you buy new or used, make sure you try it first so it's probably not a great idea to look used off the internet.

Maybe you should look at a Marshall JCM or the like? I don't know what they cost new across the ditch, but they shouldn't be more than $1000 used, easy.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales