My midi is playing back.

I've checked the synth volume. Yes all the volumes are up (I get perfect playback from waves, mp3's and oggs). I've reinstalled my drivers and directx (newest version) and I've used K-lites codec correction tool. No, its not just guitar pro and fl-studio, windows media player and media player classic wont give me playback either. No, its not the file I'm using as I've used several files from different sources.

The programs I have that use midi are: Guitar pro (its not installed, I just copied it to my flash drive), Dosbox portable, Fl-studio (installed), Media Player classic (came with K-Lite).

So far, I'm pretty sure the problem is with something I've installed (or havent in guitar-pros/dosboxs case). But, I'm not giving up dosbox and I want to keep guitarpro on my flash drive so I can use it at school. I'm more inclined to think the problem is dosbox, as it stopped working when I told one of my games to use General Midi.

But regardless, the damage has been done, now how do I fix it? Is there another midi synthesiser I can use and select from guitar-pros and Flstudios options?
You could always reinstall your sound driver. What MIDI device you're using and what sound card you have btw?
Quote by Stratwizard
You could always reinstall your sound driver. What MIDI device you're using and what sound card you have btw?
Its a conexant sound card and my device is just the standard microsoft gw wavetable synth.