I have an acoustic guitar case which is great for my needs, but I have noticed that the seal of the case still allows some humidity to escape. I keep a wireless hygrometer inside the case so I can keep an eye on it. I was thinking about improving the seal by creating some kind of an O-ring, but i'm not sure what material I should use for it.

Has anyone tried creating an O-ring for a guitar case? my initial thought was to use something like silicone sealant, but i'm guessing that stuff probably out gases chemicals that could damage the finish of my guitar.

I'm probably being a little overparanoid about the humidity issue, but I was wondering if anyone has tried creating a seal on their case before, and if so how did you do it? Winter is always hell here (I live in Canada) for humidity, and summer can vary quite a bit.
Quote by tagergat85
I have an acoustic guitar case which is great for my needs, but I have noticed that the seal of the case still allows some humidity to escape. I keep a wireless hygrometer inside the case so I can keep an eye on it. I was thinking about improving the seal by creating some kind of an O-ring, but i'm not sure what material I should use for it.

Has anyone tried creating an O-ring for a guitar case? my initial thought was to use something like silicone sealant, but i'm guessing that stuff probably out gases chemicals that could damage the finish of my guitar.

I'm probably being a little overparanoid about the humidity issue, but I was wondering if anyone has tried creating a seal on their case before, and if so how did you do it? Winter is always hell here (I live in Canada) for humidity, and summer can vary quite a bit.

Yes you are...
Quote by Final !mpact
Yes you are...

uh ok. but aside from that, I thought it was an interesting idea. You know, a little DIY .. what the hell, why not try it kind of thing?